Odd Safari Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dsnort, Aug 3, 2006.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I have noticed an odd thing when surfing with Safari. When I use the back button, Safari often loads an older version of the page I'm going back to instead of the last version I was at. It is most noticeable when cruising the threads here on MacRumors. You have a page with 7 or 8 threads that are highlighted, you go to one of threads, hit the back button, and all the other highlighted thread are gone! Using the refresh or reload button brings them back.
    I am fairly new to Mac, about 6 months, so maybe i have something set up wrong. Or is this just a peculiarity of Safari?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, I notice that when I browse the forums using the "New Posts" button. Occasionally I'll go back and it will be an older "New Posts" search. I don't really understand why this happens, since the "New Posts" function forwards to a different search URL (as long as there's been an update to the list) each time...but then again, I don't really understand everything about how that works.

3. dsnort thread starter macrumors 68000

dsnort

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You shouldn't have to, but if you hold SHIFT at the same time as clicking the Back button, it should load the new page every time because it should bypass the cache. :)