Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trapperjohn117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Hey.

I got a macbook about 3 months ago and everythig has been great, no RSS, temps (where) fine, that wierd blue tint that effected some macbooks after they upgraded to 10.4.8 didnt happen to me, all in all my macbook has been great to me. until about 3 weeks ago. i use core temp to monitor my macbook because i dont want the thing to overheat (duh), but the temp monitor seems to be broken, it stays whatever temp the 'book is at when i launch the app. Its not like the entire app just freeze's because the percent thing that tells me how much processing power im using still works. ive tried to reinstall the program about 3 times now to no avail. any suggestions guys? thanks.

a couple screens to show you what i mean.

pretty mcuh idle, just after i typed out the above post

idlefk3.png

after 10 minutes of a stress intensive app.

underloaduk7.png

MarkR

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2006
Brighton, MI
Hey.

I got a macbook about 3 months ago and everythig has been great, no RSS, temps (where) fine, that wierd blue tint that effected some macbooks after they upgraded to 10.4.8 didnt happen to me, all in all my macbook has been great to me. until about 3 weeks ago. i use core temp to monitor my macbook because i dont want the thing to overheat (duh), but the temp monitor seems to be broken, it stays whatever temp the 'book is at when i launch the app. Its not like the entire app just freeze's because the percent thing that tells me how much processing power im using still works. ive tried to reinstall the program about 3 times now to no avail. any suggestions guys? thanks.

a couple screens to show you what i mean.

pretty mcuh idle, just after i typed out the above post

idlefk3.png

after 10 minutes of a stress intensive app.

underloaduk7.png

I think the temperature in your images is the ambient temperature. If you click on that temperature, you will see a list of temps including the CPU, heat sinks, GPU, etc. On my MBP, after some usage, the ambient temp stays the same, but the others do change depending on usage.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
Strange... I've seen it happen on some macbooks as well though, form some unknown reason, coreduotemp freeze.
Have you installed the latest firmware update? That might help...

trapperjohn117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Ive got the latest verion of coretemp an my firmware is up to date. I have SMC fan control, i use it sometimes, but you can have the temps in the menu bar, a big plus for me since my brower take up my entire screen, so i cant see any other windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.