Odds of a complete refresh Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LarryBoy, Sep 5, 2006.

1. LarryBoy macrumors newbie

What are the odds that everything is going to be refreshed Tuesday? Other than "trying to avoid product overload," I can see no reason why all systems (other than the mac pro) can't be upgraded. It would make no sense to drop Merom into the consumer-centric iMac next week, while leaving the MBP--whose users demand power moreso--with the inferior processor. Would it really kill anyone to bump up the MBP, MB, iMac, and mini all at the same time? Make a marketing blitz out of it or something.

After all, reports said something about a "huge shipment" coming from the far east...boatloads of different systems (and iPods) perhaps?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'll put the odds of a complete refresh at 42:1, the Mac Pro just got released and would be hard pressed to be upgraded. :p

B

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There are two chances that such a thing will happen. For my non-Australian forum members, those chances are "Buckley's" and "None".

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

zero chance. Apple would never steal its own thunder like that.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

too much in too little time.
    some here; some there means more news coverage and more talk time.

6. LarryBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

"I'll put the odds of a complete refresh at 42:1, the Mac Pro just got released and would be hard pressed to be upgraded. "

"I can see no reason why all systems (other than the Mac Pro) can't be upgraded."

Don't read the post or anything. That would take far too much effort.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it really depends on whether Apple planned for rolling out new features other than the chip in the next versions... I wouldn't peg seeing every Core Duo computer go to Core 2 Duo at once at quite zero... I'm not at all certain it will happen though. Although also as far as Tuesday is concerned, it seems that the focus is going to be elsewhere....