Odin Sphere (PS2)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gloss, May 31, 2007.

1. macrumors 601

gloss

I'm about 3 hours into it thus far, but this game is owning me. Gorgeous visuals, very good (Japanese) voice acting, a pleasantly melodramatic story, and classic brawler gameplay with a sprinkling of RPG elements. This may be my favorite game since Shadow of the Colossus.

It's a bit like seeing all my nostalgic memories of sprite-based games flooding back at me in high-res glory.

Anyone else pick it up?

2. macrumors 68030

apfhex

Well, it *looks* amazing, but I was curious how the gameplay holds up after you get into the game a bit, and how fun the "brawler" style is. Might have to pick it up someday though.

3. thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

I'm surprised no one else has responded. The game is so old-school that I figured people here would be all over it.

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

Looks like my kinda game, but no PS2 anymore so *shrugs*

5. macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Are you playing it upscaled to HD on a PS3?

6. Guest

Sky Blue

It does look awesome.

7. thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah. Looks fantastic.

I'm six hours in now, and it's still a great game. If you guys have any affinity for classic brawlers/RPGs/sidescrollers, do yourselves a favor and pick it up. It's probably going to be pretty rare in the future, so if nothing else think of it as an investment.

8. macrumors regular

As soon as I find this in the store I will pick it up. It looks really cool. :) I like some of the nontraditional ideas, such as growing plants while you're battling to give you power-ups.