Of course my shipment is delayed, why wouldn't it be?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lazyboy922, Jun 3, 2005.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

My Dual 2.3 was supposed to ship out yesterday, but I recieved an email today saying it is now expected to ship the 9th, and I can cancel my order if I wish.

I have heard that people have called to cancel the order, and were then offered some sort of incentive to not cancel. Should I call to act like I want to cancel, and see if they offer me anything? If they don't, then I will just sound like an idiot since I really do not want to cancel :)

Thanks!

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah sure, give it a go, and then make it sound like you're doing THEM a favour by keep it.

"(sigh) Okay okay, I'll just keep it then. (long sigh)" ;)

3. lazyboy922 thread starter macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

I dont' even know what to really say. Maybe something like "I really needed shipped by the 3rd, and was told it would be. Now I might have to purchase one locally."

4. ScruffyTheMac macrumors regular

Absolutely you should call. I just had this experience - my dual 2.7 was supposed to ship by 5/20; on 5/21 I got an email with a new date of 5/31. I called and never even had the chance to start complaining - they immediately knocked 5% off the price. And then they shipped it on 5/23. :D

5. lazyboy922 thread starter macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Well I called them, and they gave me free overnight shipping. I would have rather had 5% off, but oh well!