"Of Want and Misery"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by briantology, Sep 5, 2006.

1. briantology macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2006
    Alright, I know this may sound ridiculous, but for my first Mac I got a mac pro. The thing is, I'm only in college, so I can't utilize its full power. I puddled around for many months debating on what I would get (nothing other than Apple). I considered iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and, of course, the awaited Mac Pro. As my mind flipped between one and another, I always ended up with the Mac Pro as my choice. But now that I have it, I keep thinking I could have got something cheaper/more reasonable. I feel bad because I have this awesome expensive computer I can't use all of, and I still want a MacBook or something (another factor is I wish I had an ACD instead of two ViewSonics. One of the displays sometimes has a red shadow on black text or purplish shadow on blue text). But if I had gotten an iMac or MBP, I would be regretting it now because of... well you know. So as this post doesn't really ask any sort of question, I just need someone to tell me to shut up and enjoy what I've got, or tell me that I've got too much and should get something else. I use my MP for editing video, only as a personal hobby... for now. (Would Seagate be a good external HD to get?)
  2. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. bep207 macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2006
    you can mail your MP to me if it makes you feel better
  4. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
  5. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    Just a comment on what one user is doing with his new Mac Pro.

"OK...so, I got my Mac Pro and installed Logic and my Waves & URS bundles....

I just loaded up 175 x SSL Channel strips and 175 x URS A series EQ's... When playing back, the processors are at about 3/4, but one of them spikes up higher than the others... And this is with only 1GB of RAM.

I could only get 32 SSL Channels alone on my Dual 1.8 G5... "

You have a dream machine. Enjoy it!
  6. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005