Off lease Avenue

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ouimetnick, Dec 9, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I'm seriously considering putting my first generation iPhone up on ebay, because every time there is an update, I have to go to an AT&T Store, get a sim, then go back to the store and cancel, and then once I get the bill, go to the store, and say I own the phone, so I'm not paying $194.00 ETF! So I would throw it on ebay, and either buy an iPod touch, or another laptop. i was looking at this site, http://www.offleaseavenue.com/servlet/Categories my moms co-worker bought things from that site, and thats where my moms work computer will be soon. I'm looking at the dell latitude D620, but what computer would you chose? the Dell laptop, dell desktop or the HP work station thing. I'm leaning towards the D620, because my mom uses that model for work, and even with the 1.6GHZ Intel core duo, it is fast considering 7 programs launch at startup, and the HD has 29GB used of 40GB.
    But then maybe, I will just buy a touch, or not sell the iPhone. Apple and AT&t are really a pain in the ass. I don't want to hack/jailbreak the iphone, but why Apple can't make it like the iphone 3G when it comes time to activate/restore, I don;t know.

2. thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Anyone?

3. macrumors 68030

skubish

Keep the iPhone.Get a Mac.Layoff the caffeine.Use paragraphs.Get a good nights rest.

I hope that answers your questions.

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Heres what I did. I kept the iPhone, and sold my Gateway Laptop for $201:eek::eek: Then I used my other money, and bought a Dell Latitude D620 off ebay. I got it from Dell Financial Services. (DFS) I paid $290 for it. I',m waiting for it to come in. I paid for it Wednesday night.