Off-Topic Threads and Flamewars

Discussion in 'Site News' started by MacRumors, Jan 9, 2002.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

There's been more than a few off-topic threads and flame wars popping up....

Let's stop it...

Avoid personal attacks and instigating flame wars... constructive and thought-out criticisms are welcome... but simple "xyz sucks" posts will be not be. Go to Ars' Battlefront if you want to post those threads.

arn

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Ahemm...

Maybe a special area should be set up for flaming and off topic threads. That way, we all would have a place to go when we get tired of PC bashing and Mac conversations.

I know I'm new here, but just a suggestion, ya know?

3. dantec macrumors 6502a

Okay...

But why don't we rename this site... macforums.com

*(just a bit of sarcasm)*

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Marketing

Hey Arn! How about some T-shirts and bumper-stickers with some of the forums' best one-liners and running gags??? $5.00 each for tees, $1.00 each for stickers. It'd be good for moralle even for those who DON'T frequent the forums.:cool:

Just a thought.................

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Blame Me

Recently I have been posting alot on topic and I also started an off topic one (9600 Web Server Information) which I will now delete and try not to start one similar again.

Possibly a new area called "Questions" but thats not really for rumors. hmm. Not sure.

Well this is a useless post so you might as well ignore it!

Some of the threads (such as Age and Brag about your Mac Here) are not really needed but its nice to know such information. :confused:

I think that there may be too many polls at the moment and that there should not be too many (Possibly a server limit of 5 per week?)

Also, will the front of the site be done up like the nice new designs of some pages? I hope so I really like the new pages.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief