Offical 'I'm sticking with OSX and not jumping on the Windows bandwagon' thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacRy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I have a G4 PowerBook so I can't stick Windows on it and to be honest wouldn't particularly want to.

I can understand the excitement of having a dual-boot Mac but weren't we all being intolerably smug at how great OSX is compared to Windows until very recently?

So I say that this thread is a haven for those of us who love to love OSX and want nothing to do with the rabble who are clambering over themselves to taint their beautiful Macs with 'the other' O/S.

WHO'S WITH ME??!!!

;)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There's only one Windows game I played with my friends. We're not gaming that much at all anymore either. So, I'll stick with my copy of the game and memories.

3. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

When it first came out, I thought it was cool, but knew I wouldn't do it if I had an intel Mac; I already have a PC.

However, now that I think about it, it would mean I wouldn't have to boot my PC to use my Pocket PC, use Access, etc. I think I would try it with maybe a very small 10GB allocation as to save my remaining space for OS X which I would use 98% of the time.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Here's the scoop for me. I don't particularly care for Windows. Being a comp sci student though and having to program in Visual Basic somewhat makes using Windows mandatory. So I'll have XP installed on my Intel iMac. But only for Visual Studio. Everything else I do at home can and is done on a Mac. It's just the way the world works. Not having to have multiple PC's at my desk will be nice. So installing Windows on my Mac is a plus, not a minus.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Me... I'm using a Mac precisely because I don't want to use Windows.

Show me a print designer who uses Windows and I'll show you an unhappy and tortured soul.

7. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I'd say if anything, just use Virtual PC if all your using is VB Studio

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I second that.
    But seriously, if I were still doing CAD drafting then I would be thrilled I guess. Gaming? I was a big time gamer, but now I stick to PS2 and XBox. It's the way it should be. Let the consoles do the gaming and let the computers do the rest. If I had an intel mac I think I would toss windows on it just to say that I did it, but I don't think I'd use it. I don't miss windows at all. I just like the way my computing experience goes with mac. That is all.

PS I normally hate these threads "the official" but in all reality, I am sick of seeing 100 threads on this ****ing board about windows. It's seriously dropped my interest in this place.

9. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i agree with everyone here 100%. OS X is a million times better than windowz will ever be. asking someone to put windowz on their Mac computer, to me, is like asking them to heave their Mac off a 30-story roof top. c'mon now...

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I agree 100%. This sudden love in with Windows is rather disgusting.

11. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

It's a nice feature to add, that's for sure. I don't know who in their right mind would complain about new added features.

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I find it disturbing.

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Amen. ;)

14. MacRy thread starter macrumors 68040

MacRy

Before this thread continues I would just like to point out that I have no problem with Windows or Microsoft. I prefer OSX and switched because I enjoy using it more than I ever did with Windows.

There is, of course, a place for Windows and Microsoft in this world and I don't have a problem with them. As long as they do what they do behind closed doors and don't hurt anyone else then i'm fine with it.;)

15. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I don't think it's a love of Windows. I seriously doubt you'll see people buying Mac hardware *just* to run Windows. That would be silly. Rather, people are delighted that they can now run programs they are required to run for whatever reason or the possibility of playing games before their sequels come out.

16. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I will remain 100% Windows Free™

Maybe someone can make me a sticker :p

17. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

18. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I will stick with it, till i have reason not to obviously

19. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

With you 100%

(I wonder if these forums will ever revert to the bitchiness about Windows that was around...ohh, 6 months ago)

((I also find it truly astonishing that in less than 12 months we've gone from PPC to WINDOWS!! - If somebody here had said 12 months ago "You guys, we'll soon be running on intel processors and dual booting XP, PLUS you'll all think it kicks ass, you'd have labelled me a super-troll!))

(((remembers fond days of "Powerbook G5 next tuesday threads)))

20. MacRy thread starter macrumors 68040

MacRy

LOL. They would indeed my friend. Can we all say Heresy?

21. HC Penniwicket macrumors newbie

I have a G4 mini, but it i had an intel one, i'd put windows on it in as fast as i could. OSX is better than windows for everything except gaming...well its better i suppose for that too, but it doesn't have the selection of games windows has.

22. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

23. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Same here. I have Windows machines. This is my haven. Windows wont be going near it.

24. budugu macrumors 6502

It is ok ... you will be out of this once you get your intel macbook (or pro)! :D

25. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

The sad part is that it's oh so true.