Offical "What works in Tiger" thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mechcozmo, May 8, 2005.

1. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

A bit more offical-ized list than this thread (Linkety) I want to compile a list of what works in Tiger.

Please state the Application name, if it works or not (or if it randomly crashes, etc), and if it doesn't work, if the developers have a fix made up yet. Also, please state the application's version #.

I do not have any to add (yet) but I will be soon-- installing Tiger now! (On the iMac... don't trust it with the PowerBook yet, which is why I made this thread)

Thanks.

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

this thread is pointless. most apps work in Tiger, check the dang website of the developer and they can typically tell you if it works in Tiger. why waste time with slugging through a forum thread looking to see if an app is working.. sheesh. waste of time..

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

no i think its a good idea.... i've been wondering if OnyX works. Anyone know?

4. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Onyx does not work. I'm waiting for an update, too. In the meantime, I've really been learning my way around the terminal.

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

the "what works" is a much longer list than the "what doesnt work" list. For me, everything works... dont feel like listing them all

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

once again.. GOTO THE WEBSITE. Sheesh.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/english.html
    almost all applications that are having issues with Tiger have something posted on their websites...

i've always wondered about my idea of being an english professor. seems most people can't read anymore. they just want the answers given to them.

7. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Could you perhaps post a few of the apps that you have that are more "questionable" than others? Like apps that people may or may not know.

And this thread was meant to be an organized list. Example:

8. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

MPEG Streamclip 1.3.1 unexpectedly quits all the time. At first I thought it was the way my comp was configured, but now I think that's just how it is.