Office 2004: custom shorcuts, in Word?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brap, Mar 22, 2005.

1. brap macrumors 68000

A bit of a weird one, probably really simple, but I've not managed to make it work.

I'm writing my dissertation, and I'm trying to keep some notes & quotes in a Word document. Great, you say -- but I'm having a productivity issue; each time I paste I have to go edit > paste special > paste unformatted > ok, to prevent Word from doing
    STUPID RANDOM **** with the formatting it decides to carry over. This means removing hands from keyboard, fiddling with the trackpad and generally taking far longer than it should - since there are no shortcuts for this fairly fundmental function.

When I record a macro, it doesn't paste 'special' at all, it pastes in all glorious fonts, sizes, weight... gah. I'm usually good at finding this kind of thing, but... feh. I've wasted enough time trying to get EndNote to be something other than retarded, I'll try this avenue.

This is really beginning to bug me, help appreciated!

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Word bugs the crap out of me with it's forced/assumed/self formatting. I wish I could help you but I usually just do the work in correcting things.

I know you can turn off self-correcting features. As far as formatting, I'm sure there's something there you can do. I'm not much when it comes to macros. Best of luck...