Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Eleven months ago we moved all applications to an Apple while isolating accounting data work on the pc. The Trustee originally thought I had lost my mind when I proposed moving database, spreadsheet, Internet, mail, etc. to the Power Mac while keeping all accounting on the pc. The network works so great with the Dr. Bott KVM switch doing it’s magic. The move has proved to be so great for the company as I have truly enjoyed the many benefits of moving to the Mac.

I use Excel heavily in the Oil/gas field. On the pc version I was very accustom to using F2 as the edit key for formulas or data. I do not know anther way to edit formula or cell contents without the double click. Does anyone know another way to edit cell contents other than double click? Is there a site that has some great Excel shortcuts listed?

Thank you for your assistance. It is great to be a part of the community.

Michael Koenning

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Michael7k said:
Eleven months ago we moved all applications to an Apple while isolating accounting data work on the pc. The Trustee originally thought I had lost my mind when I proposed moving database, spreadsheet, Internet, mail, etc. to the Power Mac while keeping all accounting on the pc. The network works so great with the Dr. Bott KVM switch doing it’s magic. The move has proved to be so great for the company as I have truly enjoyed the many benefits of moving to the Mac.

I use Excel heavily in the Oil/gas field. On the pc version I was very accustom to using F2 as the edit key for formulas or data. I do not know anther way to edit formula or cell contents without the double click. Does anyone know another way to edit cell contents other than double click? Is there a site that has some great Excel shortcuts listed?

Michael Koenning

Tools-->Customize-->Keyboard Shortcuts.

You should be able to choose whatever key you want to do whatever function/feature you want to activate. It will ask you if you want to override a preexisting setting, so if F2 does something else, it will warn.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Michael7k said:

Michael Koenning

The standard Excel shortcut is Control-U to edit a cell

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Thank You

Appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.