Office 2004 Installation Won't Start

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pcguru83, Nov 17, 2006.

1. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my new MacBook Pro. However, I'm having some difficulties. Whenever I double click the Office Setup Assitant, it looks like the program briefly starts (it briefly appears in the dock), the immediately closes (disappears from the dock). This all happens in just a split second.

I'd imagine if I just dropped the Office 2004 folder into the Application folder it would work, but I'd rather do a custom installation. I've restarted the computer with no luck and all software is up-to-date.

Ideas? Anyone ever see this before?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. pcguru83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Wow, you guys are too good! I was just coming back to post that I figured it out. :) I remember now uninstalling "Architectures". Doh! I should have known better...

Thanks though!

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep...that'll do it. To my knowledge, the only recovery is to do an Archive and Install (or a full Erase and Install obviously).

5. pcguru83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Yeah, I'm just going to go with the full Erase and Install. That's what I usually do anyways, but figured I'd give Monolingual a try this time. Yeah...should have just went with what I always do. :cool:

Thanks for the help though guys. :)