Office 2004 license

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aussiemac86, Sep 12, 2004.

1. aussiemac86 macrumors 6502

I am a student, and qualify for the student edition of MS office 2004, however at uni there is a very good deal going on the standard edition which makes it cheaper than the student edition. I know that the student edition has licensing for 3 computers, but im not sure if the standard edition does.

Also are there any other reasons to buy the student edition over the standard edition?

If anyone who has office 2004 could check for me that would be great.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

My standard copy has only 1. Do you have more than one mac, if not then go with the cheapest. Microsoft says you can put it on one laptop and one desktop. the problem is that it does a serial check and you can only have one open at a time. If you buy the student version you can use a different serial on each computer and it won't be a problem.

note: It does a serial check just on your local network, not the whole internet.

iJon

3. aussiemac86 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah we have 3 macs at home, so i guess we would need the 3 serials. Cheers for the prompt reply.