Office 2004 Office Assistant - How do I get new ones?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UCLArocks, Nov 21, 2004.

1. UCLArocks macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2004
    Does anybody know how I can download new office assistants for Office 2004? There is a gallery for office assistants, but there aren't any other choices. How do I get other choices?
  2. Preacher85 macrumors member

Nov 21, 2004
    Vermillion, SD
    Microsoft made this really lame

Here is how Microsoft told me to do this. (I was shocked they even replied to my inquiry.) You must have Office v. X for Mac, and pull the Assistants from the folder in there to the folder in Office 2004. Genius, huh? If you want office assistants, you have to own a previous copy of Office v. X. I fail to understand why they couldn't have made improvements to the office assistants and made them look neat like in Windows. Microsoft just has something against Macs I guess.
  3. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
  4. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    My thoughts exactly...I can't stand them.
  5. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    I used to like them because they did some instersting stuff but then they just started getting in the way and I no longer like them being around. there novilty wares off really pretty fast.

That might of been why MS drop them is a vast majority of people dont like them and never use them so they chose not to waste the money on them
  6. UCLArocks thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2004
    Thanks, Preacher85

Thanks, that's helpful to know.