Office 2007 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jason_Bryan, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Jason_Bryan macrumors regular

As someone who uses a computer for document creation I downloaded Office 2007 Beta to see what was on offer. I am really not keen on Windows XP theme, the new IE7 interface, and was expecting the same from Office 2007. However I have to say I was so impressed with the new interface and the ease of use, I have purchased Parallels and installed Windows XP on my new Macbook for the sole reason of working in Word 2007.

2. WorldIRC123 macrumors newbie

It's quite a change seeing as there have been no siginificant interface changes since ...well atleast Word 2.0 for Windows 3.1

3. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I watched the promo vid for Word 2007 on the MS site and I must say I'm impressed. Are they going to release Office 2007 for the Mac as a universal app?

4. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

The next version, whatever the name, will be UB. They have said that.

5. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

Office 2007 UB better come out soon becasue M$ is really bothering me with this delay.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't know whether anyone on here knows, but it's worth asking anyway...

To beta test a Mac BU product, do you go through the regular Microsoft Beta system, or is there a specific Mac BU system?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Funny thing is Office 2007 wouldnt install for me in VISTA :rolleyes:

8. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Oh my God, are you serious? That's something.

9. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

My friend hat office 2007 running on his laptop. I liked the new interface :rolleyes:

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Fraid so, deadly serious... I know VISTA is BETA, but FFS :rolleyes:

11. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Officer 2007 is what i expected from apple, i have to say that the officer team at microsoft did an amazing job and i cant wait to get my hands on it.

12. MGLXP macrumors regular

I don't know what happened with your installation, but when I installed Windows Vista Beta 2 on my Macbook Pro, Office 2007 installed properly and worked properly.

13. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

I wonder why apple doesn't create their alternative to MS, yet come out with newsletter-software crap? I mean, if this thing was pre-setted in the format that teachers and professors accept, I wouldn't argue. But pages is just nothing but an editorial/newspaper-letter thing. I thought Apple was about the students as well? It's annoying because, while the icons for the Mac are so much cooler than Windoze, I want a MAC created one!

Until then, UB PLEASE!!

14. linkboy macrumors member

linkboy

I installed it last night and while taking a while to get used to, I like it.

Still can't pull me away from Openoffice though.

15. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Beware of the different file formats; they aren't backwards compatible with past versions.

16. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

Pages

I wonder why apple doesn't create their alternative to MS, yet come out with newsletter-software crap? I mean, if this thing was pre-setted in the format that teachers and professors accept, I wouldn't argue. But pages is just nothing but an editorial/newspaper-letter thing. I thought Apple was about the students as well? It's annoying because, while the icons for the Mac are so much cooler than Windoze, I want a MAC created one!

I agree. I use Word daily. bought Pages and find it... inscrutable. Would it be too much to give users an option to set it up so that it at least resembles the worlds most popular word processor... I wanted to like it... but couldn't.