Office Documents will not open/OS 10.2

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by lovitt, Dec 1, 2002.

1. lovitt macrumors newbie

My iMac that has three users set up on it with OS X10.2.2 is having some weird issues. Any sort of office document that I have for any of the users will not open if you double click. It looks like they will but they never do. I can open them if I open the application and do file open and they open fine on the other computer with 10.2.2 with the double click. I go to information then open with this application and pick it but the minute I re save it and then try to re open, I have the same problem I wiped office off the computer and re installed and that did not seem to help and I took the files off the computer and put them back on and have the same problem. Any help would be great.

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Try updating to the lastest build from Microsoft, or repair your permissions from Disk Utility ( in the Utilities folder.)

3. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Word

You might simply try to append your extension on Word docs. I ran into this when using multiple users in OS9, and the Unix-style permissions in OSX. Put ".doc" on the end of all documents (when saving a new doc it's an option) and from then on you shouldn't have a problem. By the way, it would be good to just get used to that. I also had trouble sending word docs without the extension via my OSX server in WebMail by Tenon. Liked dot-docs, hated regualr "Mac" text names like we were used to. It cleared everything up.