Office:Mac Product Key Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by elppa, Dec 23, 2006.

  1. elppa macrumors 68040

    elppa

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2003
    #1
    I have the Student Teacher edition of Office:Mac 2004.

    I have already installed one copy on one computer.

    You get three product keys for three installations

    I want to install it on another computer.

    The problem is, I can't remember which product key I used the first time round and I don't want to use the same one.

    Is there any way to find out which one you used once the software is installed?

    Can one of the moderators pleas move this to Mac Applications, as it is better suited to that forum — sorry.
     
  2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

    SmurfBoxMasta

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Location:
    I'm only really here at night.
    #2
    Launch Word, and clik on the "about Word" menu......most activated apps will show the reg key there.
     
  3. elppa thread starter macrumors 68040

    elppa

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2003
    #3
    Nice try, but I already knew that.

    That only gives you the product ID, which is different to the product key.
     
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #4
    I'd roll the dice. You have a 67% chance of getting lucky and only a 33% chance of being unlucky. Good odds. Plus unless the two macs are on the same intranet and both running Office at the same time, there are no negative consequences to accidentally using the same product key.
     
  5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

    iMeowbot

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2003
    #5
    If you'd like to start over, there are some little utilities you can find here (you can use an Applescript, or MAc HelpMate) that will let you remove the key on the activated copy. Then you can start over and keep track of those labels.
     
  6. mediaguru macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2006
    Location:
    The middle of BentFork, TN
    #6
    What about the "Remove Licensing Information" option in the Office 2004 Uninstaller?

    http://www.creativetechs.com/iq/change_microsoft_offices_serial_number.html
     
  7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

    iMeowbot

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2003
    #7
    Right, that's exactly the same procedure described first in the link I posted. :confused:
     
  8. mediaguru macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2006
    Location:
    The middle of BentFork, TN
    #8
    Opps... sorry, I read over that page too quickly. :eek: I was looking at the other tools on that page. You are right, the first one outlines the same thing.
     

Share This Page