Office: mac word problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by merk68@hotmail, Jul 17, 2006.

1. merk68@hotmail macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro,

Word has crashed a few times on me in the past 6 mo since I bought it. I would expect nothing else less. I am only using it for my grad projects.

I submitted a 6 page midterm, my teacher contached me b/c what I submitted was not what I had been working on? Basically my whole project vanished?? :confused: I had to rescan in a rough draft and resubmit it in PDF. :mad: Hopefully I will get a decent grade.

When word is running my computer runs like a well.... PC very boged down and choppy.

Any sugestions? I have already done the simple fixes, reinstall and have been backing up my projects.

Craig

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you have DivX, 3ivX and Flip4Mac installed then delete either the first two or the last one since there's still an incompatibility with these three apps/plug ins and Office.

3. merk68@hotmail thread starter macrumors newbie

Office: mac word problems

Hi,

Great name! Thanks for the reply.

Ok so I looked for DivX, 3ivX and Flip4Mac. I couldn't find any??

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

hmmm

I dunno. I use Office:Mac on my intel so that's not the problem. It can be slow to open due to rosette, but it runs smoothly. Word Macro viruses perhaps? Delete preference files?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Excellent, that's not your problem then. Open up a new user account in System Preferences and see if the problems carry through. :)