Office X wont load

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marcrumors, Apr 20, 2006.

1. marcrumors macrumors newbie

I have a G5 quad and when i loaded Office X on it, only entourage works. Word, powerpoint and excel all quit on startup. I have heard that corrupted fonts can couse this, and i tried verifying fonts in fontbook and isolating the problem font, but i cant seem to locate it.

Does anyone know of any known incompatabilites and how to resolve them? Also, does office 2004 have the same problems? I'm willing to upgrade, but only if i know it will work

Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I had the same problem and it was because I had Flip4Mac, DivX and 3ivX installed. It came down to a choice of the first app or the second two and I chose Flip4Mac. Now Office works normally. I did a full reinstall of Office before I worked out the connection, and the reinstall acted the same way unfortunately.

Generally Offcie will tell you if the problem is font-based. It usually gives you a dialogue box. :)

3. marcrumors thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I'll try it as soon as i can.

4. jtown macrumors 6502

Just FYI, I've been having the same problem with Office 2004 on two machines. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint stop at the splash screen. Reinstalling Office (and the latest update) works for a while but both machines have now done the same thing twice.

So upgrading to Office 2004 won't help.