Office X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by switcher22, Mar 15, 2004.

1. switcher22 macrumors newbie

MS Office X seems to be the only thing that ever crashes on my iBook so I was wondering if anybody knew or had heard when a new version of Office might be released for Mac. Hopefully some time soon.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...soon-ish, like between April and June maybe.......check at Microsoft's mac webpage and you can see some details.....oh yeah!

3. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

4. jimboboc82 macrumors newbie

OFFICE CRASHING!

Office is the only thing that crashes on my mac, any ideas?

It seems to be when I change the layout or go into things like dictionary or thesaurus, things that i haven't used much before..

I heard about a preferences file that might need to be deleted.

Plus, anyone know of a decent icon for office that i can stick on my dock .. i have word, excel and powerpoint icons all on my dock! I only want one for office and the office folder looks ugly!

Cheers

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

How about the "welcome" icon that appears in the MS Office folder when you install. Would that do the trick?

Attached Files:

6. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

I had this problem on a friends computer, I couldn't for the life of me figure it out until i noticed two things. Either one could have been the culprit.

- HE hadn't deleted his trial copy yet.
    - he was using the the same serial # on his laptop as on his desktop. ( i think he was allowed 3 serials but hadn't bothered)

this fixed the issues up. though i had to do a complete delete - reboot install. OH i also did a permissions check for good measure.

best of luck

7. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

be sure to update your office to version 1.5!

(in my experience it almost never crashes and is a hell of a lot faster than any previous version. i think they have somehow managed to get it right.)