Office2004 11.0 -> 11.1 = Error 11002 ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tommy591, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Tommy591 macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2005
    Dear Community,

I'm pretty desperate by now, have searched here and elsewhere, googled, and found on the Internet other people having similar trouble, but no final solution:

I've got Office:mac 2004 v11.0, which installs fine after complete removal of the testdrive. Then installed Auto-Update -- fine as well.

Then trying to install SP1 to update to 11.1. It starts OK, then quits with the following error message:

An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-15

Followed various hints from the Internet and have tried everything, including
    - removal of Office again and again completely,
    - repairing permissions again and again and after each single step (or trying leaving it),
    - rebooting (or trying leaving it),
    - different language versions of SP1,
    - everything mentioned in all possible combinations...

Am I too stupid? Did I overlook something? According to the Internet a bunch more people have the same trouble, seemingly (also with other programs and their updates), so I thought that someone smart here might have the workaround. Heeeeeeeeeelp!!!

My configuration:
    PowerBook G4 / 1.67GHz / 80MB / 1.5GB RAM / Tiger 10.4.1

A zillion thanks in advance,

2. LandRover macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2005
    Install error with Office 11.1

What language is your Office from the CD vs what language are you using from the updater?
    Also have you run or are running some kind of backup/restore file software or security software that may alter the files somewhat?

just try'in to help,
  3. Tommy591 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks -- I appreciate your help offer!

All language is English (although I'm here in Germany). I even set Tiger to English as default and rebooted.

I did/do use "Personal Backup", but don't expect it to alter the files. If it did, that'd be a bummer, of course! :eek:

As for security, I do use HenWen and LetterStick, but had turned it off completely before and during installation/update. Again, no alterations that I could think of...