officejet 5610 snafu

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by h0e0h, Dec 30, 2005.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

Just bought an HP Officejet 5610v from walmart. Went to install it... no problem. Problem arises when i go to print something. In the selection drop down menu, i select the newly installed printer... it doesn't give me the option to print. I know i'm using the latest drivers and things like that... just no option to print. it's set up to fax from this computer... what's up?

2. yenko macrumors 6502a

Are you trying to print from the application or from the utility?

3. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

application

4. yenko macrumors 6502a

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

HP has awful Macintosh support. I just purchased a LaserJet 1320 to replace my LaserJet 1012, and I thought it was fully compatible with Mac OS X. I get it home and try to install it, only to realize that HP has not updated the drivers to 10.4 and that HP actually recommends (on there web site) using an open source driver model. The driver was difficult to setup (Ghostscript), but now everything is working properly. :mad: What does it say about a company that relies on other individuals to provide their drivers?

6. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

i wound up having to repair permissions, delete user->library->preferences->com.apple.print.* and user->library->preferences->ByHost->com.apple.print.Cache.* files, and then re-add the printer using printer setup... it works though... completely... so i can't complain too too much this time 'round. Way to drop the ball HP... thanks for all the Mac support