Officer gets food spit in; swift justice ensues

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mac-er, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Officer finds spit in food

This kind of ticks me off.
    I am all for respecting police officers, etc, etc.

But, I really doubt, if someone spit in my food, that the police would do a DNA test on the food, arrest the person for a felony, and the magistrate put them under a $35,000 bond.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

What in the world was the guy thinking. Certainly not a way to treat any customer. Now he has learned that saliva can get you arrested and maybe convicted, If so he will have plenty of time to think about his action. :(

4. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

I should've put a warning in: don't read it if you have a weak stomach.
    :eek:

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hahahaha...that's really funny. Running full DNA tests/criminal comparisons can take months and cost >$1000. It's surprising they actually went through with it...It's hard to justify that kind of money for something so inane...:confused:

On a side note, a couple of months back there was a really quite sickening story on TheSmokingGun.com (which is what made me think of it) about a teacher who had had sex with several of her students...who were well acquainted with one of my best friends. :eek: (I never met them and never hope to...)

6. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Only arrested if you do it to a cop.....like I said...if a private citizen called the police to report that...they'd tell you to get a life.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

that sounds about right to me. but spitting in anyones food is awful. it was awful when whoopi did it(color purple) and its still awful.

Bless

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I thought the joker was going to be treated to a nice patdown that would have proven that you can live with 80% of your body bruised badly -- or at least treated to a first-hand demostration of the alternate uses for tasers and batons.

This isn't something that should happen, something any police department should pursue -- even if it is expensive.

These guys are idiots anyways for doing it, you want cops to frequent your fastfood joint, donut shop, or coffee stand -- sure beats possibly eating the bullets of a druggie doing a quick holdup of your place.

When I worked those during school it was nice to walk out the back door and see 20 police cars in the next lot, while other places were getting popped and people tied up, beaten and injured down the street.

9. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Because it is so unsettling, most people suppress any conscious thoughts of exactly what makes its way into foods we consume. Several years ago I went to a salad bar in Manhattan with a co-worker, and from where we sat there was a partially opened door that provided an unobstructed view of several kitchen workers preparing various items.

After we finished eating, my friend and I sat and talked for about 15 minutes. Just as I was getting up to put on my jacket, I noticed that an employee dropped a couple of tomato slices onto the floor and then reached down and put them right back into the big salad mix. It is very difficult to know how widespread such violations are.

Let us not get started on the times many have seen restaurant employees leaving a restroom without first washing their hands thoroughly. There are bathrooms that do not have liquid soap, toilet paper or any towels available ... truly inexcusable conditions and worthy of being closed down by officials.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If you are going to take advantage of the restaurant/food service industry you'll have to suppress those memories, because that's how it really is. :eek: The amount of stuff that changes when they're expecting a visit from the health inspector is amusing, as well.:p

11. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

So true. It reminds me of what happens at work when some high level types pay a visitation. Everybody keeps to themselves and works diligently ... once the coast is clear, some immediately return to reading magazines and making a stream of personal calls that consume a decent portion of their day.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow.....you really DO live in Seedy Street, don't you.