Officer's Road Led Him Outside Army

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Sep 25, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Can Rumsfeld survive this one?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/iraq/la-fg-abuse25sep25,0,7402409.story

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Sounds like someone who deserves a great deal of respect. He's taking a very difficult road, standing on principle. The Army needs more people like him.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

How rare they are, evidently. It isn't like anyone in the ranks is stepping forward to refute Cpt. Fishback's allegations, which suggests not only that what he's saying is factual, but that the problems are probably even deeper and more widespread than even he knows. All of the evidence suggests a systemic problem that the people at the top either ignored or condoned. At a minimum Rumsfeld's head should be on a spike over this one.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I don't think they are that rare. Remember, these are officers, and with all due respect to enlisted men, officers do tend to be a little more aware of international and military standards and a little better at analyzing policy. Most officers I've met are more than a little suspect of this administrations policies, but you're right that very few are willing to go as far as Fishback has.

5. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't doubt that others have complained up the chain of command, but few military people will jump the chain of command no matter how broken it appears to be. File the memo, then be prepared to hear nothing more about it. The sad reality is, this officer's military career is almost certainly finished, irrespective of how the investigation turns out.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

This man cares about human right and if i was ever to meet him i would thank him and say we need more people like you.

Perhaps one day they army will be filled with people like him then that would lead to no armys for the world and perhaps world peace but that would take years. But he is a start.