Official™ "WTF??!! No Merom MBP's today?" thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kingsly, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

While I look forward to Aperture 1.5, I am highly dismayed by the lack of MBP updates, especially since mine is dying right before my eyes.

Since everyone knows that MacRumor users are never happy after an event, I want to be the first to say:

What gives, Apple? WHERE IS MY MEROM MBP!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

</rant>

*eats salad. Sobs uncontrollably*

2. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

Perhaps there is your reason? ;)

3. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

Hey the good news is Apple isnt sitting on its hands.

the bad news is people like us keep waiting. Well, i hope i dont have to wait too much longer.

Apple... please come with the new MBP, the MB can wait, cause it is the lower end product.

Also, please make an airplane/auto Magsafe power adapter. the lack of it is really pissing people off. Either make it or allow a third party to do it

4. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

First time I've ever felt let down by Apple. It's really quite shocking. :eek: ;)

5. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I'm waiting like everyone else, but really didn't expect to see it today. I think tomorrow is only a slight possibility, not only because it's a Tuesday, but I think tomorrow is the day that "Intel endorses Apple" or some such nonsense. Even then, I don't think it's coming. I'm guessing - and I do mean GUESSING - we'll probably (hopefully) see something in October.

6. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Just hoping my computer lasts that long...:(

7. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Although I really don't care about the upgrade personally, my Blackbook is all I need and more, I have to admit the delay here is.....puzzling.

8. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Clovertown

I wonder if they'll wait for a quad core?

I mean, if they rebuild the enclosure to allow easy ram and HD access then maybe anything is possible...

how long until the quad core is announced?

9. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

It's not in our hands.
    It'll happen when it happens.

Wait for the update or get the current ones.

That would be wicked sweet.
    The desktop version is going to be released mid-November.

10. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Thanks for that helpful advice. I'm sure there are other discussions you can help with, please hurry.

now I'm going to need to edit my post too.
    Please don't go.

aaand... does anyone know about any lower power quad core processors from intel, would they be something other than clovertown?

11. ragintajin macrumors newbie

Its like cooking an eggo in te toaster...if you just sit there and stare at it, it's never gonna pop. But the second you forget about it, it pops.

12. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

so what makes this official and trademarked to boot.

13. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Realityman strikes again! ;)

Look what happens when Apple doesn't update their hardware.
    Suddenly everyone has a scowl on their face and their walking around mad.

14. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Hurrah. Another thread whining about MBP's. That's exactly what this forum was lacking :rolleyes:

15. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

®©™ and authorised. It's a bit like eleven being one louder than ten.

16. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

17. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

maybe theyre trying to get it right this time lol, as in NO issues to iron out!

18. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Yech, salad. You must be hurting something serious.

Anyways, I'll be in the same boat tomorrow. I've still got some hope for tomorrow, but if not... *prepares to sob uncontrollably*

19. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

why dont you return it if its so bad?

im afraid the hopefull wishes of some people on this forum are well overboard....today was about photography..

tomorrow is tuesday....maybe you will only have to wait another 2o hours....

20. islandman macrumors 6502

21. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The delay with Merom is kind of weird. Maybe they have something up their sleeve? (Probably not though, Apple just likes to see us suffer. :p )

22. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Apple better get those 'stuff' out of their sleeves before half their customers are going to wait for MacWorld SF 2007. :rolleyes: :(

Maybe it's the Merom and MB/Ps that doesn't fit right to what Apple had expected...

23. iGary Guest

iGary

While I do understand that folks waiting for a MBP or MB with the new processors are anxious, and I can't half blame them, it's just really getting tiring reading this stuff. And yeah, I know I don't have to read it, but the place is just littered with MBP and MB thread titles.

Remember when we had no idea what the roadmap was? I almost like it better. Now, with Intel, we know exactly when chips are released and people have been literally wetting their pants until it goes into an Apple product.

1. There are hardly an 64-bit apps that most people, even professionals use. The likelyhood of 64-bit apps being widespread during the life of your notebook is s-l-i-m, slim. I can however understand someone waiting for one if they have a specific 64-bit app to use.

2. We're not talking a massive speed bump here, and I'd say hardly noticeable for most people, even professionals. Maybe 20% at most. What's thi big deal? I mean Ars Technica or Gizmodo aren't jumping up[ and down over these chips as they are in PCs.

3. While I have no idea, I really don't see a major redesign coming. I'm sure there are some nice things and minor feature tweaks coming, but I just don't feel like we'll see these "extreme" form factor changes until January - just makes more sense. I dould be wrong, but oh well.

4. If you need a computer today to make a living, do schoolwork or, something critical, get it. I didn't do a bunch of rumour site wandering and running around when I bougt my last two machines - I needed them to do work. If you're not in that camp, fine, but good gracious, I've never seen this board so lathered up over a small chip enhancement.

The end. :D

24. generik macrumors 601

generik

Duplicate post! Report it! Get it deleted!