Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

American Idol Season 8 Exclusive [App Store, $1.99], the first official iPhone application for the popular American Idol television show, has arrived in the App Store.

Those who have not yet grown weary of the show can use the application to learn more about the show and contestants, as well as view weekly exclusive video clips.

Each week, you'll learn more about your favorite Idols with a new video from every remaining contestant. That's more than 77 original videos rihgt through the Finale! You can't find these videos anywhere else.

The app also allows users to predict the order in which contestants are voted off and track contestants' progress, and provides easy access to American Idol iTunes releases.

Article Link: Official 'American Idol' App Hits App Store

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
I kinda like the show. I don't watch for the singing. The entertainment value alone is worth enough. Drama, overpimped bad singers, overtly gay guys, horrible group numbers, and guess what, this week they will butcher michael jackson songs.... it's got it all!

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I'll admit, I watch American Idol, but usually only the first episodes where they go to the different cities & audition. I love seeing the really awful/really weird people and see the judge's reactions.

While I'd never get the app, something I wish they did with this app is let people actually vote using it along with the way they do it now. Would be cool.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Macrumors:

Really?

American Idol?

Is this *really* the best app you could pick to promote? Really?

There wasn't anything else out there that has a litte more substance and a little less hype? Nothing? Really?

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
This is a promotional app, i don't understand why they are charging for this.

Icestorm815

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2008
This is a promotional app, i don't understand why they are charging for this.

Anything to make more money off of overly enthusiastic fans. You know how they have "collector's editions" for movies with director's cuts, deleted scenes, and all of that stuff? Think of this app as something along those lines.

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Hah! Love the
Those who have not yet grown weary of the show

part! American Idol and it's fans (I have some friends who love it) are just a bit pathetic. I've personally never been a fan and don't see why one would like it, but I guess it's their choice.

gr8gonzo

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Alabama USA
idol

i like and watch idol but what happens to the app after the season is over? its senseless to pay $2 for it, there should be $0 charge for it

djdole

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Unless users can actually make their votes from it, it's (utterly) worthless.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
i like and watch idol but what happens to the app after the season is over? its senseless to pay $2 for it, there should be $0 charge for it

i guess when the next season starts, they either update it or make you buy a new one. Isn't that how the baseball replay thing works? $5 / season

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
Great yet another overpriced and hugely useless application for the iPhone solely to exploit some of the less intelligent user market.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
American Idol and it's fans (I have some friends who love it) are just a bit pathetic.
My wife simply likes to watch American Idol and see talented singers.

You choose to insult someone you have never met.

Yea, someone is pathetic alright.

Redgiemental

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
Anyone that can't find anything better to do with thier time than watch overrated karaoke IS pathetic.

Marco114 I hate people like you that willingly watch something knowing its trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.