Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
okay.. well, i don't have a lot answer now, but i do have quite a number of questions that i can't find solution for

since vista is not offically supported by bootcamp, i just thought it maybe nice to have one united thread for these questions and answers, so people look for answers dont have to go all over the place and hope to bump into answers..

so here are my unsolved quetions:

keyboard ejection button still not working:confused:
screen brightness not working:confused:
where can i test my isight is really working? in the device manager window, it shows that isight's driver is installed correctly...:confused:

edit: typo, as crees! nicely pointed out :)

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
okay... somethings i found

Virtualball said:
Step 1: Install the build of Vista.

Step 2: Insert the Driver CD, open the folders on the autorun screen.

Step 3: Drag the Setup file "Install Macintosh Drivers on Windows XP" to the desktop.

Step 4: Now goto the start menu and type "run" in the searchbar and open the application Run.

Step 5: Click browse and select the Setup application on the desktop and click OK.

Step 6: Now, on the Run screen it should read

"C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe"

(at least for me) and you want to add this after it: /A /v So it should look like this:

"C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" /A /v

(remember, dont copy and paste because of the user name) Click OK

Step 7: This should run the installer, but it doesnt install the drivers, it only extracts them. They should be in "C:\Program Files\Macintosh Drvers for Windows XP" Navigate to that folder and then to "Apple Keyboard"

Step 8: Double click setup and let that go. Dont restart because restarting is a bitch and I hate it when I still have to do more work

Step 9: Now goto start menu and search for "Device Manager" And open the application.

Step 10: Find the device "Built-in iSight" (it should either have a "!" next to it or grayed out, I dont remember) and click that and then "Update Drivers"

Step 11: Go to Browser my computer for the driver, then point it at "C:\Program Files\" and make sure the "Include subfolders" is checked and click Next. Let it do its magic!

Step 12: Restart after its finished.

Step 13: You now have your iSight recognized (Someone needs to test with AIM or something, none of my friends have cameras) and a working eject button!
--Credit to Virtualball

someone please test isight, to see how it works (and post how you tested it)

if eject still doesn't work, try this
Virtualball said:
Goto C:\WINDOWS\System32\ and there should be a folder with "drivers" in it. Apple moves all its working drivers there but Vista doesnt see them I guess. There you will find "AppleCDEject" or something like that. Put that in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
and now everytime you start up, you can use your eject button (But thats all by memory so some of it can be wrong but if you look, youll find it lol)
--Credit to Virtualball

but when i tried this, i couldn't find AppleCDEject from C:\Windows\System32
... but in the \Program Files\Macintosh-whatever\, you might be able to find a system32 directory, in there you might be able to find AppleCDEject.exe
(someone try this and confirm whether its good or bad)

in the same place, you might be able to find brightness control

the reason i can't test is because i don't have my mac with me right now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.