Official Burning Crusade Thread...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Who else here is excited about the release of this game? I am and plan on playing a Blood Elf Priest. I also hope Blizzard addresses the ques times on some of the older serveres like Icecrown as wait time has already been up to atleast an hour some nights. I kinda hope for the server split or sumthing to try and help this problemas it will only prove to get worse with the release of BC

2. acircularmotive macrumors member

Hehe, I was sure someone would have already started a thread on The Burning Crusade. I literally just installed it as I got mine shipped day before release - already downloading the first official patch *sigh* :cool:

3. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Me too. Installed and patching as we speak :D

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Damn. I knew there were some lucky ones who get it early. I have to wait until tomorrow before I can start... :(

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I hope to hear some reviews soon. I just bought the game 3 weeks ago so I'm not real big on spending $40 for a whole new expansion when I haven't even finished exploring one continent and am only lvl 22, but if it is worth it I'm sure I can scrounge up $40. :D

6. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yea the expansion will be worth it in the long run I just hope BLizzard fixes the Long wait times to log in. The Realm Split isn't bad idea anything to get me in the game more conveniently than now is better. 1 hour to wait to log in is just insane!

7. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Very excited, my copy should be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to making my Blood Elf :D I just hope the expansion doesn't create a 'divide' between those who have it and those who don't in terms of gameplay.

8. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Don't bother dude, you gotta be L58 to go through The Dark Portal to Outland. Wait for a bit. Most of the story elements will be in there, probably the new races too, just not Outland...

9. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered from Gamestop with next-day air shipping, but it isn't clear to me if they are shipping today or tomorrow.

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i need this expansion. i want a Blood Elf Pally!

11. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Waiting around The Dark Portal...

Attached Files:

• tbc.jpg
      tbc.jpg
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I too am standing in front of the Dark Portal waiting. I'm picking my copy up tonight at midnight at the local EB Games. It's going to be a long day of work tomorrow with no sleep :)

13. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Moonglade finally went down about 1hr 30 mins after everyone poured into TBC. Dammit! Was just about to complete a quest to get some bad ass Druid 425 Armour too! Gnnng!

14. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

iam not a WoW player but I am just wondering since I research MMO culture what is this portal everyone is talking about. Also I am just curiose is WoW have a dramatic change in players, meaning large amount of people quit the game but new batch come in to take the empty spots of the major guilds?

Sorry just that I really interested in MMO culture alot.

15. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Just curious, but what servers are yall playing on...I'm playing on Boulderfist.'

I'm hoping it will be at Best Buy this morning.

16. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

It's a portal to Outland where the Horde came from. It's also where Illidan has been exiled. Let me put it this way, we really aren't prepared (which is why they raised the lvl cap from 60 to 70 I believe).

17. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I'm on Silverhand (it is RP but most people don't, including me, I'm only on it 'cause I know a lot of people from school on it...) and I was in SW about to run stockades when a Shaman and a Dreinei showed up and the entire city went to stare at them. It was pretty funny. I didn't notice any crashes or lag after launch, so all seems to be going well.

18. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Hopefully...I wonder how it's going, has it been opened yet?

19. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

heh I have no idea, im lvl 23, I don't even know where the portal is.

20. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Southeastern area of the Blasted Lands. :)

And yeah, I'm a lvl 20 druid. I just started playing.

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah it's not out here yet either (comes out on the 17th), but I'm having to put up with guildies linking quest rewards etc, grr :mad:

On the plus side, I got the collectors' edition :D ... shame I can't play it yet.

22. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Welp, hopefully some kind person will post screenshots of whoever or whatever happens when the Dark Portal is opened because, I think if I'm conscious another second, I'm going to fall asleep on ma keyboard, and that would not be good.

23. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Nothing really happens. Demons and voidwalkers come flooding through the gate to be AE'd massively by the Alliance.

For completing the quest you get the nifty tabard linked in my screenshot.

Attached Files:

24. G5guy macrumors member

Blizz did a fantastic job on the graphics speed. I have a 2.3 G5 with 7800 GT and I got 162 fps (momentarily) looking up at the sky flying. I never beat 105 before. Both processors are not pegged either so it isnt the multi-threaed opengl yet. :)

25. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Just received my copy. Installing it now and looking forward to finally playing it. After downloading the above mentioned patch, of course...

Turned out that the patch I downloaded yesterday is the one that was talked about. So just installing it right now.