***Official FACIAL HAIR Thread***

Discussion in 'Community' started by jrv3034, Jan 15, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

Just curious, since I have my wedding coming up, I'd like to know what you all think of facial hair.

MEN: Do you have facial hair? (i.e. beard, moustache, goatee, etc.) What are your thoughts?

WOMEN: Do you like facial hair on men? What style?

I am clean shaven right now, but have sported a goatee for a couple of years. My fiancée likes both looks, so I'm trying to decide whether I should have facial hair for the wedding or not.

Let's hear it!

2. macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Well, with the average temperatures at my college being around 3 degrees for the high for the past two weeks, I'm seriously considering growing a full beard...right now I'm cleanshaven though.

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Currently I have a beard....have to post a pic in the MR photo thread maybe.

For my wedding I shaved. It basically comes down to the fact that you should do what you want to see on all your wedding photos. There will be a lot of them and if facial hair is something you want to have for you wedding, then fine. But if its only a passing idea, or something you don't do often, I'd go clean shaven.

D

4. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i've got a close-cropped beard/mustache thing going and have for years. i'm too lazy to shave on a regular basis...

but i'm clean shaven in my wedding photos because it's so hot here in the summers that i shave it off for a few months...

so do whatever makes your boat float.

5. macrumors G3

I have a clit-strip (or a Brazillian if you wish to be eloquent) in the middle of my chin, from my lip piercing down to just under my chin... I'm down with the fuzz!

p.s. see my 'tar :p

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I guess clean shaven is the best way to prevent having the photos be instantly dated. You know, styles change, and I don't want to be forever preserved with the 2004 equivalent of a 70's Magnum PI mustache (sp?). Believe it or not, that was stylin back then!:eek:

7. macrumors G3

Unless you're a Queen/Freddie fan... it'll never die!!! :p

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very good point :D

You look at photos like that decades later and its an immediate "What *were* they thinking" reaction....

D

9. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I sport a winter beard a few months of the year, but it's goatee the rest of the time, for me.

10. macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    clean shaven is the way to go.

too many guys in America have mustaches, it's really quite sad i think, goatees aren't as bad, but still crap. designs in facial hair are bad, with a few exceptions but that depends on the person, not the style.

personally, i shave once or twice a week, i look better with a couple of days growth, and i'm lazy about it too.

have a good one anyways!

11. macrumors 68000

agreenster

Clean shaven clean shaven clean shaven.

I hate facial hair. Only the few and the proud can pull it off. I also hate large amounts of body hair. I'm all about keepin it trim.

Still, I guess it depends on what you look like under the hair. If you are Brad Pitt, shave it. If you are Robin Williams, let it all grow.

Check out the photos thread (sticky on top of community section) to see what the MR community prefers.

linky linky

12. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  13. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Funny, I was just debating whether to shave a few minutes ago. I suppose I don't really care either way. I just like change, so I'll let it grow sometimes, and other times, I'll shave it. Perhaps I'll grow a gotee later though.

14. macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I recently shaved off my goatee, but I'm not sure whether I'll let it grow back or not.

15. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't like how i look clean shaven.

but having a full winter beard that is out of control can be goofy. once i get some more pictures of this goofy beard, i'll be shaving it

here's me in november, and now...

Attached Files:

16. macrumors regular

i'm too lazy to shave constantly... i have a little 'fuzz' growing, but i don't want a beard or anything like that.

17. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you call that full? kind of scragly....I'll post mine soon :D

D

18. macrumors 68000

agreenster

That beard makes you look like you got fat Jello! (double chin)

Crazy! Maybe its just the photo...

19. macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm clean shaven and have been all my life. I admire people that have a beard. From what I understand from others it take a lot of work to have a nice looking beard. So the work that it entails, impresses me.

I look forward to seeing your photo Mr. Anderson.

Since you are clean shaven now, you should keep it that way for the wedding jrv3034.

20. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'd go with clean shaven. You always have the last 20 years of oyur life to be that creepy old man with the beard ....

In my case I don't have such options. I have slow growing facial hair ... and it blonde, instead of dark like my hair so it doesn't really show even when its not completely smooth. not really something to help you but for me its really nice not to have to shave all the time.

21. macrumors 68020

Raid

Isn't that also refered to as a 'soul patch'? Or is that too 70's for you? :cool:

I have a goatee (sans 'stache) I haven't heard my girlfriend complain about it but if I was getting married I would shave it off.... But I'm probably not emotionaly attached to my facial hair as some.

22. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I suggest the look below. I'm assured by the BBC that this is the height of fashion.

Attached Files:

23. macrumors 68000

agreenster

HOW did that dude keep a straight face??!!?!??

Well, maybe because he couldnt see it.

24. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Of course, if you need to go with the clean shaven look the style below from the same BBC coverage of a Milan Men's fashion show is a must.

Attached Files:

25. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Those fashion dudes are quite impressive....don't know if I could color my facial hair :D

Its red BTW with a little blond around the mouth.

D

iSight snapshot....

Attached Files: