Official Geekfest London 2 Statement

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Nov 3, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

That's right kiddies, it's that time of the year again. After the unrivaled success of the previous meet in Sept, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39112 it was suggested that we all meet again sometime soon...

So here we are, another Geekfest London is about to sneak up on us and wrestle us all to the ground in a blur of Mac talk, alcohol, snazzy suits and spent AA size nuclear rods as produced by a digital camera that consumes as much power as the state of California!

So I hear you all scream with blood thirsty enthusiasm when should this fantastic coming together of MR London Geeks occur?

Well the date that springs to mind is Saturday 22nd November... why that date you all ask?? well for those of you that don't know, it's MacExpo London, yep that's right... MacExpo London!! who needs a Steve Jobs Keynote, or new PowerMac announcements, when you can visit MacExpo and meet Mohammad, (Manager of the larger of the 2 Micro Anvika Stores on Tottenham Court Road) and speak to the real driving force behind Apple in London!! http://www.mac-expo.co.uk/

But that's not all.... oh no... 22nd of November is also Rugby World Cup Final Day!! it's already been discussed between myself and kiwi_the_iwik that should it be a England Vs All Blacks final, then it'd be a good show to go to an Outback (Aussie Bar) and rub it in to the Aussies, errrr I mean go and witness a classic England victory... do however keep in mind though, that the final is on at 9am in the morning, which is not only un-godly but also highly unnatural and that the Outback is unlikely to sell 'Rugger - Fuel' either at this time of the morning! (However, it may be running in Oz time, so there is a chance!! heheh!!)

N.B. If England fail to reach the final, I myself shall not be attending this part of the days proceedings!)

Anyway, it'd be just dandy if more people want to turn up this time.... nudge, nudge edesign, wes, amnesiac, mrjamin, kiwi, robbieduncan etc etc and the whole host of UK members that have appeared recently, see the the very pi$$ed at Apple and Panther thread... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43150

So then what are peoples thoughts?? I thought maybe 1-2ish to do MacExpo, and then afterwards Noodle Bar on Upper Street (or other restaurant) and then a few beers in one of Angels many fine bars??

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

That sounds good to me. Are we not going to hook up at the 'bar with no name' though? That was a pretty nice place last time.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to make it to the afternoon do. Not the expo, but for the post-expo chitchat. I have another tie i've not yet shown you all :p

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

well we can all zoom back into town to go to the 'Bar With No Name', I just figured if we're all at Angel for the Expo then we'll be fine staying their....

It's still a few weeks away yet, so there's no pressure for details just yet!

I'm toying with the idea of getting another lip piercing that weekend... not sure yet though!

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, at the moment, I say I'll be there... probably ;) :D. I start a new job that week and will probably be stressed out and totally knackard by Saturday! But it sounds good, put me down for a previsional booking ;) :)

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sounds good. I'm sure I applied for a free pass to the Expo. Has anyone heard anything about them? Angel is an excellent place for a night out, but a bit on the busy side. Anyway I'm not sure I'll be wearing a snazzy suit!

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

they're sent out the week before... well mine always has been, if you've not received it by the week before, drop them an email... your name should be on the door so to speak, so you should still be able to get in.

the last meet was abit of a giggle to be honest, good fun meeting some of the other members, even if they're all better dressed than me!! heheh!!

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Well, I'm 17, turning up with a bunch of mid 20's to middle-aged men. It would be a bit awkward. Give me a buzz in a year, maybe I'll have the goatee going by then.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damnit...I need to make it out to the UK... :(

hope u guys have fun again...

have more liquid for me iGAV... ;)

9. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I promise none of us bite ;)

Perhaps you'll be in a position to make it to UK Macrumors gathering No.3....

10. Shifty macrumors regular

I am most defenetly going to MacExpo London, although I am still waiting for my tickets to arrive in the post.

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Geekfest London 3 should be in December.... infact just before Christmas... :D

Geekfest London Christmas Party!!

Wicked! :D :D :p

Mr eye, what you drinking??? and we're only a short plane ride away.... ;) if not, maybe you should come over for a spot of Christmas shopping and join us on the first Geekfest London Christmas Party!! heheh! :D

12. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Speak for yourself suitboy, I intend to inflict as much maxilliary damage upon London Geekfest members as possible this time around.:D

I'll be at the expo for sure, not certain about the Rugby though, I have long-standing arrangements at the house for that one I'm afraid, and to be honest, the thought of iGav at 9 in the morning fills me with a sense of dread;) ;)

Is the Upper Street Fish bar still operating, we should definately go there after the show.

I think the Bar with No Name should be the venue for the christmas meet, but we should all just arrive at the Expo.

13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Oh! no rugger??? :( actually I'm not too sure if kiwi_the_iwik will be there either.... heheh... what with the way New Zealand played at the weekend... :p :p :p if it is an England Vs All Black would be a laugh though if people could make it! ;)

Well I know MacExpo is a def... although we might have to kidnap britboy from the Church to make sure he can join us in our geeky school trip!! heheh!

I defo think we should do a Geekfest London Christmas Party @ the 'Bar With No Name' as well, that'd be a giggle... :D

So then.... any other takers for Geekfest London 2??? I know there's a ton more UK/London based members on here.... ;) :) :D

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

you mean a goatee like wintermutes??? :eek: :p :p see, nothing to be afraid of about meeting up with us!! :eek: :eek: :p :p

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Mid 20's? I'm not 20 until the 14th of this month :D I'm still a youngen' as well :eek:

16. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

and I'm only 25.... it's really not that old... :p :p :p

17. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I'm not 40 till next year, but I act like a 16-year old most of the time:D

Hmmmmm, nice work Gav, you a graphics professional of some sort?;) ;) :p

I think we should force our black-clad friend to watch the final as an act of pennance for all the misery his team have inflicted on us over the years...

18. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I was surprised when you said your age, I would have pegged you at about 30-33, you carry your age well sir.

Graphics courtesy of trackpad.... *sighs* it's a lost art I think.... heheh!

We should do the rugger definitely if it's an England/ All Blacks final.... more so in an Aussie bar, that'll really get on their cork hats.... heheh!

I was just reading the review for the fav team to win the cup, and it ain't England boy'oh! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :p

19. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Okay then I've just received my MacExpo E-Ticket in my inbox just a minute ago, print it out and hey presto!

So if you registered earlier enough for the free registration, then you should be getting an email anytime now!!

wicked!

20. Shifty macrumors regular

e-Tickets now sent to people

Yep, I got my e-ticket aswell.

A lot of people should have had their e-tickets arrived in their inbox, by now.

21. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Got my confirmation too. Sweet. All the more cash for beer!

22. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I can vouch for that ;)

I'm a young 'un too. Me is only 23 years young.

23. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Now why does it take a large, bald, pierced chap to notice that?

Where are all the 25-year old beautiful, blond post-grads when you need them...?

Oh yeah, they're all in my lectures:D

I got my e-ticket today as well.