Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testtry

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
just talked to apple sale rep. he told me my order is ready to be shipped out within 24 hrs from an oversea facility and should arrive by next friday 15th. :eek: what a pleasant surprise! my scheduled delivery date was 25th. cannot wait

Farewell G4

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2006
testtry said:
just talked to apple sale rep. he told me my order is ready to be shipped out within 24 hrs from an oversea facility and should arrive by next friday 15th. :eek: what a pleasant surprise! my scheduled delivery date was 25th. cannot wait

AWESOME! Was that a BTO? My BTO is scheduled to arrive at my office on the 20th (if not sooner), can't wait to hear to groans of the IT guys.... heh heh....

testtry

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
Farewell G4 said:
AWESOME! Was that a BTO? My BTO is scheduled to arrive at my office on the 20th (if not sooner), can't wait to hear to groans of the IT guys.... heh heh....
what is BTO?

amin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
amin said:
In case anyone was wondering, the Parallels pre-RC version released today works perfectly on the Core 2 Duo iMac.
Update on the Parallels situation - it caused recurrent kernel panics on my iMac tonight and I have uninstalled :(.

Gonzo4182

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
New England
Sometimes you need a push

I just ordered a 20" 2.16 Core 2 Duo Machine, but alas I'll have to wait until next week to receive it. I've been debating making the switch back to Mac (its been 8 years or so) for the last 6 months. Finally decided I'd rock the iMac in a few months time, maybe wait until the Spring, but my lovely Dell decided to crash so hard that I am not sure if I'll be able to recover my files from the hard drive (I had planned on backing up photos this weekend). I guess the Dell wanted to go out on its own, taking all of my beloved photos with it...

Needless to say, I can't wait to be on a Mac again...

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Matt T said:
I ordered mine yesterday. :)

20" iMac
2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo
2gb RAM
256mb ATI Radeon X1600
250gb HDD

It'll be here in a week or two. It's my first Mac, and it's replacing a 1.2Ghz Celeron with 256mb RAM. :D

I got the exact same configuration. My shipping date is the 25th, which is about a year away (at least it feels like it.)

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
I remember back when I ordered my mini it ended up shipping a few weeks later than it originally said - what are peoples thoughts on the accuracy of the shipping dates we have? Is it likely orders will be delayed due to the initial surge of people buying the newer models? Any chance of earlier-than-stated shipping? Can you tell I want my iMac already? :D

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Courthold said:
I remember back when I ordered my mini it ended up shipping a few weeks later than it originally said - what are peoples thoughts on the accuracy of the shipping dates we have? Is it likely orders will be delayed due to the initial surge of people buying the newer models? Any chance of earlier-than-stated shipping? Can you tell I want my iMac already? :D

Obviously it would be in Apple's best interest to overstate the shipping time and then end up delivering ahead of schedule. When I got my iBook 2 years ago, it got put on back order and the shipping time slipped. However as soon as it DID ship I found that they had upgraded my shipping for free. I literally sat down to my computer to check my email, saw it had shipped, and then heard a knock on my door (I hadn't been on the computer yet that day because I was sick as a dog.) It was suppose to ship between 5-7 days, but it came from Taiwan to NC in what seemed like half a day.

I don't expect thats common though. :)

amin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
KevKaos said:
Hey, nice screenshot to get the ball rolling. Wish I had my own Mac so I could really join in.

**Note to Amin** I am also in Baltimore. Heard of any Mac user groups around here?

Hey Kev, I haven't heard of any Baltimore user groups. I think my wife would kill me if I joined one anyway. As it is, I spend too much time on Macs!

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Well I am in London, UK and I am pretty sure all the UK stuff comes from somewhere in Ireland? I'm just hoping it ships earlier than Friday so I can get it this weekend when I go home, otherwise I have to wait until the end of the month :(

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
For those iMac C2D owners who are buying RAM from a third-party, who are you using? I checked the usual vendors, and there was a wide disparity in the pricing for a 2x1GB Lifetime Warranty kit.

DMS - $250.00
OWC - $259.99
TransIntl - $189.00
Crucial - $302.81
Crucial via Newegg - $219.99 (showing out of stock)​

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
amin said:
Hey Kev, I haven't heard of any Baltimore user groups. I think my wife would kill me if I joined one anyway. As it is, I spend too much time on Macs!

Point well taken. I have noticed a couple of Baltimore people on here, Maybe we could start a local thread at some point.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
KevKaos said:
Point well taken. I have noticed a couple of Baltimore people on here, Maybe we could start a local thread at some point.

Sounds good. I can't say that I've noticed very many though, but I'm sure there are.

Matt T

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2005
Australia
DavidLeblond said:
I got the exact same configuration. My shipping date is the 25th, which is about a year away (at least it feels like it.)
My shipping date is the 22nd and the delivery date is the 27th, but I know what you mean about waiting a year. ;)

Shai-Nadir

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2005
Ordered the base 24" Imac on 9/9/06 and received a email this morning that it shipped and scheduled to arrive on the 15th. My throat is starting to feel sore, I will probably have to call in sick that day.:)

kimbles

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
ordered sunday, delivered today (tuesday morning)!

I ordered a stock 20' imac online sunday - yay, edu discount- the estimated ship date was thurday but i went to the TNT website this morning and it was on the truck being delivered! Arrived about 10.30 this morning. It's my first mac, so exciting but i'm actually having trouble getting used to the size of the screen (never used more than 16' screen before, mouse moves so much further!) It looks awesome though.
Go Aussie apple store!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.