official guitar thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iArtificialLife, Nov 15, 2005.

1. iArtificialLife macrumors member

This thread is for guitar players to, well say anything they like about guitars.
    Share your tips and knowledge that you guys and girls have aquired.what type of guitar do you have and what kind of music do you play?Anything you want to say.

By the way, if any one has a Tom Delonge Strat, Fender Mark Hoppus Bass, or an epiphone Les Paul Junior they are willing to sell....PM me

2. Melkor macrumors 6502

Ya i play a bit but not much lately though. Been busy with college projects and such.

I'm a regular at the ultimate-guitar.com forums. Anyone elso go there?

3. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

My boyfriend plays his constantly. Whenever a friend would drop by with one he was in heaven. I finally bought one for him last Christmas. He's pretty good, just starting to play around with his own musical creations. My brother is a pro at guitar. Me, I suck. I just can't get the hang of it. But I LOVE to listen to those who can. Always a big turn on with the ladies;)

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

girls love electric guitars...remember they are girls but by the time they are women, 25-ish and professional, then they don't like them or you if you hang out in that scene anymore ;)

i have been playing for 30 years and i like all guitars...acoustic, 12 string acoustic, electric, bass, and nylon string...right now i have an ltd/esp viper 301 and a 32 year old yamaha fg-75 triple ought size steel string guitar

my wife painted them up for a future art opening and we will paint more up like strats and stuff

personally, i like the telecaster (squier and fender, new and vintage) for electric and any martins for acoustic guitars

5. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

I love guitars. There used to be a time when my guitar was another limb for me, something like the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendage. But then I went to college, and got a job afterwards... *sigh* I should've been a musician. Anyway, I'm going to get an American Deluxe strat real soon. I love to play bluesy stuff.

6. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Playing guitar is a wonderful release and a good hobby to upkeep. I myself play the flute and find that just horsing around really relieves stress. Don't let that go. Since my boyfriend has "re-discovered" his love of his guitar playing he's been more "at-peace". I know it sounds corny, but I can't stress how these little things really make a difference.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First I am jealous of your collection.
    Second, I dig acoustic guitars more than electric and I am over 25 :) And I like that "scene".

8. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I second that.

9. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I've got a Fender American SSH Strat, a Carvin Contour 66, and a Fender Acoustic of some sort (forget the model).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I do love me some guitars. I'll play just about anything, but I've recently turned to playing classical stuff to improve my skills. Typical songs these days just aren't all that challenging.

natural
    I've now accumulated three guitars, but I only play two. I have an old Fender Strat Squire (black & white) that I learned to play on, so could never part with even though the action is horrible. My acoustic is a thin-body Ovation. And finally, my pride and joy is my early production run Custom24 Paul Reed Smith in the Natural finish with bird inlays, which I don't see very often.
    Looks kind of like this one: http://www.synergyguitars.com/PRS-Guitars/IMG_3963.JPG

It was quite an investment, too... its already worth significantly more than I paid. And what a dream to play... I'd like a new Martin acoustic, but I just dont play enough to warrant it at this point :(

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I've got a handful of Schecter guitars... their baritone guitars are heavy as ****... all the more metal!

[​IMG]

I haven't played though since I bought the new house... adulthood doesn't spare much time for rock 'n roll.

:mad:

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

he he

i used to have a lot of guitars but i only have the two now and i plan to sell those

i figured out along the way that i have only two arms and i am too lazy to plug into an amp these days so i would be happy with just one acoustic guitar for my needs these days ...and anything with six strings will do :)

13. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Jef, anything with 5 strings does me, although I still need the amps....:D

Attached Files:

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

wintermute, that is a really cool bass

i know bass players use the lowest string as a B, C, or D (or something lower than the low E), but do any bass players use the lowest four strings as E, A, D, G, and the highest string tuned somewhere higher?

15. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

That's actually where I started with 5-strings, playing in a 3 piece it meant I could chord a lot more effectively, but when I ran a B-string through the amps I changed my mind and my playing style.

Bass, the final frontier.

16. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    here's mine.

(l-r)fretless music man, custom shop music man, washburn acoustic bass, fender fretless pj w/hipshot, vintage fender '72 tele deluxe.

strange...not letting me post the pic...oh well, they're real pretty...;)

edit: here they be.

Attached Files: