Official Mac Pro Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Laslo Panaflex, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Ordered mine at 11:43 am, just got a shipping notice, it will be here tomorrow!

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is so hot! I was so excited to see this!
    D2x, MacPro, New York, London...I can only do two and two are already booked. :(
    The system I want is $5,227.00 without student discount. I'm toast...I better find a second job that pays just as well as my first one.

3. elbirth macrumors 65816

WOW! :eek:

As I was looking at the store a while after the keynote, it was saying 3-4 weeks shipping time (wonder if that was just to be conservative or if they had really needed to knock those back).

That's amazing that you'll have it the day after it was announced. I almost died waiting over a month to get my MacBook Pro after I preordered it!

Now I just have to make myself continue to wait a few months to order a Mac Pro like I keep telling myself I should do....

4. Laslo Panaflex thread starter macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Yeah, I am really excited, had to wait 4 months for my G5, ordered it the day they were announced, then they were delayed until October . . .

I think the 3-4 week wait is for the configuration with a BTO card, mine is the stock 7300, I plan to upgrade it later.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Holy crap, that's got to be some kind of a record for a new Pro-level Apple product. I waited a good while for my first-gen G5 to ship, although my MBP 17" shipped right on time.

The only "better" rollout I can think of was the original iMac, which was stocked in stores ready to go on sale at midnight on release day, but this is darned near as good.

6. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Just ordered this Mac Pro (From the UK online store):

2.66 GHz Quad Xeon
    2GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-4x512
    ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB
    250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
    16x SuperDrive DL
    Airprt Extrm & BT 2.0+EDR-INT
    Apple Kybd & Wrls Mgty Ms-B

Delivery estimate was 3-5 weeks when ordering and is now showing as Sep 14, 2006. Which is 5 weeks plus 2 days to ship. It appears the X1900 adds a significant delay to the delivery, which in fairness it does warn you about.

7. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

The Airport card also delays shipment to 3-4 weeks (but not bluetooth).