Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
this is a bit tricky. I work for myself but I'm also on the dole. Which means I don't really have any great need to do anything except study what I want to. Hence although I have this brochure that I need to prepare which I've been dragging on for some time, I can still waste an entire day on this forum.

When I do decide to do some work I just do some photography and graphic design at my computer. But as I have minimised my life to be very simple. I'm happier just watching the parrots fly around the front yard or I'll just stare out at the gum trees in the back yard.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Audio Engineer, some production work but not quite enough to truly say 'Record Producer' :)

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I'm an account manager at UNLV. I manage accounts for half of our on-campus residents.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
I'm an Apple Authorised Desktop & Portable Technician, I've also done the OS X Help Desk Essentials exam.

I repair Mac's Monday-Friday 9-5

Been fixing Macs for Just under three years.

I used to fix PC's.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
I'm a student from September-April.

May-August, I fix signs and paint lines for a local public works department. Best job ever.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I'm a student, but I cut lawns and detail cars and set up people's iPods and Apple Computers. And I make more money then most kids with real jobs - and work significantly less hours.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I test the protocols that allow 911 dispatchers to see information from VOIP phones. It is boring and repetitive. I call 911 all day and ask them for ESQK numbers, Call back numbers, addresses, etc. However, at 19 years old it's a hell of a job, and it pays very well for relatively unskilled labor. I'm very happy with it - my job is twice as easy as all my friends and I get paid twice as much as some of them :eek:, although my pay is nothing to brag about :eek:.

As of next Spring I'll be a full time student though.

e

asphalt-proof

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2003
Magrathea
I am the lead school psychologist at a small school district in North Carolina. How small, well there are just two of us, but I am still the lead!! Also, full time father and part-time incompetent woodworker.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Where do you work?

That is if you have a job...And do you visit MR "On the clock?"

I work at a pharmacy as a tech about 30-35 hours a week M-F, while also trying to get into med school. I frequently visit MR here at work because sometimes we are slow as hell. I always have an IE window open with MR on it and keep refreshing it.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I'm an Electronics Systems Engineer and Technology Project Manager with the largest Service Provider in these parts. My job keeps me pretty busy, however I am very adept at multitasking, and as a result am able to take a lot of micro breaks throughout the day to visit MR, check my e-mail, etc. If I wasn't able to do that, I would probably be a big ball of stress, so it's a good thing. Plus, my manager doesn't mind at all. As long as I'm getting my work done, he doesn't care, and allows me to manage mym own time - I'm a professional and do not need my manager to act like a babysitter for me. Plus, I put in so many extra hours as it is (without ovetime pay I might add) he doesn't mind if I leave early now and then, take an extra long break, etc. It's all good. :cool:

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
I am a graphic designer. Heck yes, I visit MR on the clock. My time is valuable and I must be payed for it.:D

Actually, surfing the web is often times a good way to brainstorm and get ideas/solutions to design problems or challenges. So its kinda related to my job. A little bit.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Isn't this similar to the what's your job sticky??

In any case I'm a senior Tech Support Engineer at a software company doing technical support for their business to business applications. I work from home and get to talk to customers while sitting around in my underwear. :p

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
I work at a non-profit agency that assists survivors and victims of domestic abuse and inter-partner violence. My official title is Crisis Worker. I'm also a full time student, majoring in Psychology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.