Official: Macs good for your health

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by hvfsl, Jul 2, 2003.

1. hvfsl macrumors 68000

Jul 9, 2001
    London, UK
    According to the August edition of PCW UK, using noisy PCs at work can decrease productivity and increase stress levels. This is partly because it can wear you down being constantly bombarded with constant noise. They say that when they tested people using low noise computers like Macs, they was a marked difference in the stress levels of workers. Although they do say that people have to decide between fast noisy PCs or slower silent computers like Macs.
  2. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Well, with the new G5 at 35 dB, the decision for the best computer has been made far easier :D
  3. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm forced to use a PC running Windoze at work, and yes it does increase my stress level. Maybe if a PC was my only frame of reference for how a computer is supposed to work I wouldn't mind so much. But having used Macs for years and years, I just can't fathom how something this frustrating has become so ubiquitous. So many times my co-workers will complain about some aspect of Windows or PC hardware, and I'll tell them how Macs don't have that problem (the most recent was the awful, tiny keyboard on the Viaos we have here vs my fullsized Ti keyboard) but they just sort of look at me as if to say, "but getting a Mac is just not an option."

So yeah, I'm less productive and more stressed having to endure this PC. Do you have a link for that article? I'd love to print it and put it up on my office door.