Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by mac15
The anticipation, a 4am thrill ride ;)

Yeah, I have to wait until 3.30am. The hardest thing is deciding if i should stay up for it, or get some sleep and wake up to watch it!

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by woodsey
Yeah, I have to wait until 3.30am. The hardest thing is deciding if i should stay up for it, or get some sleep and wake up to watch it!

Get some sleep... if you can. :D

voicegy

macrumors 65816
I've been hammering away on my Apple contacts regarding Apple store theater showings, and they don't have a clue yet. With this reposting of the stream, there should be some solid answers come Monday....I just gotta get to my local Apple store that morning to see the Keynote...this year of all years!

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by voicegy
I just gotta get to my local Apple store that morning to see the Keynote...this year of all years!

What do you know that I don't? I haven't heard much to get me real excited yet. A formal presentation of Office 2004 from Microsoft. Ooh goody. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, what are you looking forward to? I'm going to my local Apple Store just because I have nothing better to do this Thursday, but I'm a blank page where expectations are concerned.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Originally posted by Awimoway
What do you know that I don't?

I know that part they sing in "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"..."o-wim-o-weh";)

But other than that, my friend, I really don't know anything other than what's been rumored and what's basically expected...it's just that I HAVE to think that Steve will acknowlege this being the 20th Anniversary of the Macintosh, and the 25th Anniversary of Apple. Whether it be in the form of a fanatsy (a totally wacked out and cool limited edition machine to mark the anniversary), a nice poster, a retrospective of Apple over the years via Keynote, or even a nod from Steve and a roar of applause that the company is still around and better than ever...I don't KNOW any of this, but it seems to me that Steve won't be able to let this milestone pass without saying/doing SOMEthing to recognize it.

And THAT'S what I'm excited about the most.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Well, in the absence of juicier rumors, I'll be sleeping pretty good for the next couple of nights. ;)

I'm such a recent switcher that I don't have any experience with milestone anniversaries. But yeah, even mere celebration of the fact, absent any special edition releases, would be pretty cool.

And, really, I have faith that there will be some great surprises. I just don't feel like there are as many juicy rumors this time as there have been before other recent events.

ginoledesma

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2002
Philippines
Agh! It's going to be 1AM my time (UTC+8 Philippine time). I hope bandwidth will be sparingly available at that time. Last time I watched a keynote, it was with a ~ 10s delay (was on an IRC chatroom at the same time).

Waluigi

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2003
Connecticut
I might just go to the apple store in my area if they are broadcasting it live. Keep us posted if they are doing that in stores...

--Waluigi

thatoneguy

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2004
I checked with my local Apple Store here in Vegas and they don't have a theater like some of the other stores do, but the guy on the phone said he wasn't sure if they're going to do a webcast of the keynote. Besides, the stores usually open at 10 am and I don't know if they'd open an hour early since this particular Apple Store is inside a Mall (don't know the operating hours). I have a 56k connection, so I think i'm going to head on down to the University to watch it on a high speed connection. How long does the keynote usually run?

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
I called the Tysons Apple Store the other day, they said their theater is down until next month. I'll be calling Clarendon later today when they're open to ask if they'll be showing it.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
i wonder what time it is going to be on for GMT regions??? anyone know?

I am really looking forward to it...
I just hope that Apple will allow for the bandwidth that this stream is going to take up!! I don't want to stay up and then getting a stuttering POS.

anyway... cheers!

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
if i tune in 20 minutes into the keynote... will i only pick up from 20 minutes into the keynote or will i get to watch the start?

tagy

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2003
UK
Originally posted by iChan
if i tune in 20 minutes into the keynote... will i only pick up from 20 minutes into the keynote or will i get to watch the start?

you will join it 20 minutes in.

but after the keynote is over they usually leave the film looping. Then later put up an on-demand stream.

Will be 5pm here just right for a beer and pizza

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.