Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bep207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
If you are like me and have so much anger and disappointment at the lack of release of merom MBPs please use this thread as an outlet to your complaints, whines, and raw emotion.

no need for dozens of threads that all lead to the same thing. let this thread be our consolidation.

This thread is for those who paint their dell's silver or go to best buy and rip of a Core2Duo sticker from some unlucky Toshiba and glue it to their MBP. (i hope noone really does that).

remember back before WWDC when merom MBPs was a "sure thing"

is christmas a sure thing yet?

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

God I feel better. Seriously. My dell is dying, even as I'm typing on it. Please, Apple, don't make me do anything too drastic like BUY A PRE-MEROM MAC!

bep207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
rtharper said:
Apple, don't make me do anything too drastic like BUY A PRE-MEROM MAC!

DONT FALL VICTIM! think about that from apple's point of view. they WANT you to buy a pre-merom mac. thats one less yonah they have to get rid of. we should organize a yonah mbp embargo/strike.

NO MORE YONAH! NO MORE YONAH!

Bagucci

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2006
I´ve been waiting for ever. Next week is my dead line. If they don't come out, I have to buy one with out C2D, can't wait any longer.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
funny you are. no one has been shipping Merom Based core 2 duo systems in volume yet.

So what, apple decided to wait till now and macworld paris to announce and ship. it's fine by me.

Honestly it's just a chip, funny part is that Reviews are coming in about the Merom. it isnt all that people are saying it is.

I say yes to merom in laptop.

HELLO CONROE for real mid priced tower. that would be worth it.

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
mdntcallr said:
funny you are. no one has been shipping Merom Based core 2 duo systems in volume yet.

So what, apple decided to wait till now and macworld paris to announce and ship. it's fine by me.

Honestly it's just a chip, funny part is that Reviews are coming in about the Merom. it isnt all that people are saying it is.

I say yes to merom in laptop.

HELLO CONROE for real mid priced tower. that would be worth it.

*points at thread title*

*Ahem* This is the complaint thread. If you have something positive to say, take that optimism elsewhere.

bep207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
the chip isnt the biggest factor for me.
the prospect of FW800 in the 15inch
user accessible HD
Standard 1gb RAM
magnetic closure
Better Graphics Card

any or all of these would be worth the wait

bep207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
rtharper said:
*points at thread title*

*Ahem* This is the complaint thread. If you have something positive to say, take that optimism elsewhere.

EXACTLY! no postive comments allowed! only complaints, whines, and of course raw emotion allowed.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
bep207 said:
user accessible HD
Standard 1gb RAM
magnetic closure
Better Graphics Card

as much as i like to see those changes, i just doubt the casing is gonna change too much at this point... if you go into any apple store, you'll see on the wall the banner of "the family is complete" or something like that, and it has the MBP look, altho it's possible, i see it as not likely to completely change the casing too much, including the magnetic latch (and no, dont get me wrong, i'd love to see that too)

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
bep207 said:
user accessible HD
Standard 1gb RAM
magnetic closure
Better Graphics Card

I hope for the same thing but the chip is the biggest factor for me. Why did apple release the imacs today. They know most people are waiting for the macbook pro.

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
bearbo said:
as much as i like to see those changes, i just doubt the casing is gonna change too much at this point... if you go into any apple store, you'll see on the wall the banner of "the family is complete" or something like that, and it has the MBP look, altho it's possible, i see it as not likely to completely change the casing too much, including the magnetic latch (and no, dont get me wrong, i'd love to see that too)

I agree, I don't see them all really happening, at least not at once. I would think that adding a magnetic latch would be a somewhat trivial process, though...

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
Is anyone else using ForumSpy and feeling mocked that replies to the "Apple Releases Core 2 Duo iMac, Adds 24" Model" keep coming up?

cossie

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
I'm at the end of my tether waiting for something to happen with the MBs and MBPs.

I've spent the last month narrowing down my laptop choices before i head to college, i've been scrimping and saving (the odd xbox game is the biggest thing i've treated myself to!) for 19 months now and want to make the best purchase I can.

I finally settle on getting an Apple laptop and now I have to wait longer incase they upgrade the CPUs.

I have one word:

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

21stcenturykid

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2006
Newcastle UK
Im not bothered if they dont change anything but the Processor 'cos at the end of the day im not going to buy a computer (which already wont last as long as many other products in terms of upgrade speeds) that get updated a week after i've bought it i jsut want the new model so it will last longer than the current with the chip being 64bit.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
baby-crying.jpg

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
I feel your pain. Although I own a Yonah MBP, and an iPod video, I am tired of waiting for the moment when they are obsolete. Maybe they'll release the full video iPod (or whatever movie device they have coming) on the same day as the Merom MPB. That way I'll get kicked in the coconut AND the twig'n'berries at the SAME TIME.

Now if only Adobe would get off their tuckus and release CS3.

rtharper: This thread was worth it just for the Waahmbulance pic!

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I see myself buying a yonah macbook because the merom ones won't be eligible for the ipod promotion. so why don't I buy it today and get the waiting over with??

but...
I keep thinking about that .000001% chance that the new macbooks might be eligible.

OH GOD !!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Nimiety

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Sigh....

My first post is one where I hope and pray that I can get a macbook with the c2d chip.

I have a long trip coming up, and I'm not looking forward to going without a new laptop. I also have a dying dell (geez, common these days, hun?) so I need to hae a replacement.

Ugh. It's like waiting for dessert and being told you're having a big bowl of "wait and see".

:)

Caesar0801

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2006
rtharper said:
I agree, I don't see them all really happening, at least not at once. I would think that adding a magnetic latch would be a somewhat trivial process, though...

I really don't think they try to change the looks... too much R&D for that...
and the magnetic latch is not such a trivial proces, methinks...

I've decided to buy an Apple notebook beginning of this year...
didn't need it urgently so I figured I'd wait a while...
then started hesitating between the MB and MBP... and then finally as I decided
to buy the MBP the Merom processors started to seem really real... but in the mean time my windows laptop broke down irrepairably... and I'm leaving home for six months in 18 days... I really need it now!!!!
darn it, I don't want to buy pre-merom, but I'm afraid they'll force me to it :-(

I'll wait till 12th of Septembre to see and if they don't release it then, I'll go for the Yonah :(

grtz 2 all sufferers,

Caesar0801

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD APPLE, UPDATE THE MBP SO THEY WILL STOP THEIR BITCHING AND WHINING!!!!!!:p

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
macman2790 said:
I hope for the same thing but the chip is the biggest factor for me. Why did apple release the imacs today. They know most people are waiting for the macbook pro.

JMies419 said:
Silent merom notebook upgrades on Apples website tomorrow, 9-7-06! :D

We can dream can't we? :) Regardless of our collective disappointment at not having our MBP's receive the C2D upgrade before the iMac, I think we can all agree that they'll not be far behind. Apple simply wanted to get their new 24" iMac out of the door before the "showtime" movie press conference on the 12th so that consumers will have a big-screen option to go out and immediate buy once they hear about how wonderful the new movie service is.

C2D MBP's are coming. Just a little more patience. Was this post too positive for this thread? Sorry :( Darn, Apple! Darn them to heck! How's that?

mrploddy

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
Will people just STOP whining about Merom's in MB's and MBP's its getting VERY VERY VERY VERY old.

I've got my Macbook and I'm happy.

Our survey says you'll see Merom macbook pro's in Jan / Feb when Santa Rose logic boards come on stream and they've made their money's worth as the Pro product line will be a year old.

-mrploddy

PS
I've got my Macbook and I'm happy. I'll be damned if I'm gonna see the 10% difference in performance considering this is my first Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.