"Official" MR Free Apple/Pepsi iPod mini contest winners thread

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Chip NoVaMac, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thought it would be fun to have a thread of those that actually won a iPod mini in the current promotion going on.

Not a winner here yet. :D I have my hopes.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If its any consolation, I hope that you will be a winner Chip NoVaMac. Hopefully winners will be willing to post in your thread. Pictures would also be a nice thought.

3. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks wdlove. I have 20 winners so far after just 6 days.

Surprised that we haven't had any winners from MR as of yet.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

its a shame that over here in the UK we cant even win free tracks, let alone free ipods! you dont know how good you get it over there!

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

What do you mean you have 20 winners? Is that 20 people you've heard from that have won iPod minis, or just that you've won 20 songs so far? If it's iPod mini winners, how have you heard from them?

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I thought this was one of the spammer threads for a second...
    :rolleyes:

I'll report if I win anything.

7. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I meant 20 songs won. Sorry, no iPods here, or with any of my friends. :(

8. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Question: if you won an iPod Mini, how would they let you know? Do they e-mail you, call you, or do you just get a FedEx package six weeks from now?

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The Pepsi bottle is pre-shook at the factory so it explodes in your face and inside the bottle (covered by the dark Pepsi) is a piece of plastic reading "You've won an iPod!"

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

On the back the piece of plastic reads:

"Pepsi and any of its sub companies is not responsible for the lose of a/both eye/s and shows no regret for this form of packaging. Also if you are worried about all the soda in your eyes don't worry! It will only hurt your vision if its warm. (you wouldn't drink warm soda would you?) So From Pepsi and All of the Sub Companies we would like to remind you we don't care, and enjoy your new iPod!"

11. James L macrumors 6502a

We had a contest with Pepsi and Apple here in Canada from Halloween to xmas where they gave away 1 iPod per hour (24 per day) every day for that 2 or 3 month period.

I won in the third week!!! Once I confirmed my win by answering my mathematical skill testing question I received an email saying that it would be mailed out within 2 or 3 weeks, and I received it exactly 3 weeks later in the mail.

Good luck to all, I love my iPod (it was the 20GB ones they were giving away).

Cheers,

James

12. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

So we still have had no iPod mini winners here yet?

With 127 winning caps redeemed so far, no iPod mini in my mailbox as of yet.

Did anyone notice that the iPod winners now get the 6gb iPod mini?

13. otterpop macrumors member

First Winning Post =)

Thanks for alerting me to this one.
    Now we have one. I think it would be nice if more MacRumors faithfuls won this contest.
    My stats for the contest:
    about 120 bottles (litres mostly) of diet pepsi since the contest started (before it started, really). about 39 song winning caps. about 20 buy one get ones.
    so with a 50% win ratio, it still worked out. im still amazed.

14. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Again congrats. Hope we have a few more here.

15. otterpop macrumors member

Interesting....

I was digging around on apple's site, and they have posted a winner's list up through March 6th. I won mine on Feb 9th, but they didnt tell me until March 8th... So I look through the rest of the list, and I think my roommate won also. There's an entry on March 3rd with "Cody C. Eugene OR" and that may well be him. Id expect him to the winning message email in a few days, if it in infact him. Ill post an update on this as soon as we know.

16. Bonsaichop macrumors member

I don't mean to be anal, but how does that work, if you shake up a bottle of drink, let it stand for a few hours, the CO2 gas will eventually re-imerse itself into the liquid?

Of course, pepsi might just be adding extra pressure inside the bottle so that the effect is still pressent, in which case, all we ahve to do is look for the over-bloated bottle of pepsi... that and of course living in the USA and not Australia and all that kind of non-clap-trap-******** that never lends a hand out side the states *raises fist*