Official MWSF Bitch Thread

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rdowns, Jan 11, 2005.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah, $79; Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, $79; How could Apple raise the price for these applications? I demand my free apps. I have some stupid sense of entitlement.

$499 for a G4, only 256MB RAM, no keyboard or mouse. This will never sell. I can't believe they aren't pre-installing iWorks on this. Crappy video, what's wrong with them. I can still get a Dell cheaper.

No spreadsheet! What the hell were they thinking? No way this will dethrone Office. Where's my spreadsheet? Where's my Front Page like application?

512MB for $99. 1GB for $149. Are they on crack? No one will buy these. You can get 5x the space for $100 more. Of course, I don't even have $100 to buy one but I can't see beyond my own nose.

Have I missed anything?

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  3. sPAULj macrumors member

Jun 12, 2004
    He wasn't bitching, his post was made as a summary of all the things that people will find wrong with MWSF this year.
  4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    oh now I get it... I thought it was his direct opinion on the whole thing.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
  5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004

I AM SO PSSED OFF. I really wanted an iPod mini with 5GB. SOOO PSSED. NEED THAT extra 1 GB. That's a 25% increase! How could apple stiff me like that?!! Stupid Apple.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool
    well i thought this was the WORST MWSF on record.
    the mac mini is.. well.. Stupid. Apple is just trying to to fill
    a price bracket. And the ipod shuffle is nothing more
    than a fashion statement.
    At least jobs should have lived up to his word with the 3ghz promise.

MW was teh ghey
  7. donniedarko macrumors regular

Jan 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
  8. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow, you are one of the few who view this way.

The new iMac will sell like crazy. I have so many customers who have been wanting this forever. Now I do agree the no keyboard and mouse is kind of lame but still an awesome machine. They will fly off the shelves.

The new iPods will fly off the shelves as well. I ordered one for myself cause I lost my headphones, needed a flash drive and could use a second iPod when I travel overseas.

iLife will fly off the shelves. These applications are incredible and are cheap even at $79. If you can't spare the 79 then I suggest you gladly enjoy your iLife '04.

I feel most people will agree with me on this one. But I guess for you, you will have to wait for the sales reports to come in weeks to see for yourself.

9. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    I tend to agree with everything said here, although it is quite optimistic... you can't realistically expect all of these products to be instant successes, but i sure hope they are :D
  10. afields macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2004
    OMFG!! NO POWERBOOK G5?!? WTF?? APPLE TEH sUxorz!!1 :mad:

Just kidding (sort of) :D

Truthfully I am kinda bummed about no powerbook updates, but my trusty 800mhz iBook will do for now.

*checks to see if his iPod shuffle has shipped yet*
  11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    I have to say...

Barebones Mac + inability to upgrade your barebones mac = what the hell am I buying a barebones Mac for, what is wrong with me?

:confused: :eek:
  12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty satisfied with the MWSF announcements, although I don't see myself rushing out to buy anything at the moment. I'm not sure I have an Apple purchase lined up before I get Tiger...I'm thinking and thinking about getting an iPod Shuffle, but I haven't made up my mind yet, because I've actually found running with an iPod to be I'm wondering if a headphone upgrade wouldn't be a better investment. And new running shoes, and some more coolmax shirts. ;)

Oooh, but the reason I hit reply :D ... do you really think so? Are you talking mostly about upgraders, or do you think there are a lot of people out there who want iLife and don't have the apps yet? I guess I'm in the minority in that I only use iPhoto a little, and iTunes a LOT, and don't use anything else from iLife, but I haven't had that much desire to upgrade from the pre '04 iLife.... I guess if I had the time or desire (I *used* to, but....) to play with GB, or if I used iMovie, I'd feel differently.....

Hmmm....I do want Tiger. I'm interested in iWork, but I'm also not that upset with Office.X...the only two things I don't like about it are the lack of good Unicode support and the stupid long filenames limitation. I kinda want a Shuffle. I definitely do not want to own another desktop again as long as I live. ;) All in all, not such a bad MW....
  13. junebug630 macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2005
    slightly disappointed

with the lack of Powerbook updates. I want to buy a Mac Mini, but not without 1Gb ram. What I see , you cannot add the ram yourself. No way in hell I am paying Apple's rate for RAM. OH well, I will have to think on that one.
  14. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    i want my 23" imac 2.33 ghz with tiger, ilife, iworks and a spreadsheet for the price of the mac mini!!!!

just kidding.
    but i expect to see mild pb updates, mild emac and imac updates, powermac updates and a spreadsheet over the next 3 to 4 month. will be a very exciting spring season!

and i will make the wait for the imac rev.b easier with the little ipod...... :D
  15. hcuar macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2004
    It'll be a silent update in February... Nothing to show at a keynote, it'd be embarassing... People would have booed.
  16. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    iLife will sell well for a while. Many people will just buy it just for the new Garageband. Now keep this in mind, I base my opinions on what will sell from what I see sell at my job, not just my opinions from an average Mac user. It's not becuase I am part of some cult and agree with everything they come out with, I opinions are somewhat thoughtout. Yes I could be wrong with these predicictions but in all honestly I don't think I will be.

I do not know how well iWork will sell. If it sells like Keynote it will be nothing to write home about. Plus it has no spreadsheets, so Office has the upperhand in that, especially since Office 04 is such a nice suite. We will see, it will be interesting.

17. James L macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2004
    I was at the keynote today, and was at the SF Apple store around 2pm or so... the new iPod Shuffles where FLYING off the shelf, often being purchased by people who had regular and mini iPods on their belt!

I was back there again tonight around 6pm and they were sold out.

p.s. Can we bitch in this thread about all the people who are bitching about MWSF?

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    I don't really have anything to "bitch" about, I was pretty impressed with everything. That said, my (minor) quibbles:

1. GPU in MacMini. I am not a gamer, and it seems a decent card. Hell, I am typing this on a Pismo with a 8MB Rage. Still, with Tiger less than six months away, it seems foolish not to offer a fully compatible card for all the bells-and-whistles. We are talking about impressing "switchers" and long-time mac users alike, right? Perhaps there will be a GPU revision across the board in concert with Tiger's release.

2. Ram in MacMini (or anything really). 256 is not really enough for a modern operating system like Panther, or even Jaguar. If you are looking to capture "switchers" to the benefits of macs, wouldn't it be prudent to have osX run great out of the box? Many people will not add RAM after-purchase, especially if it need pro installation as suggested with the MacMini, and it seems unfair to make buyers pay so much to add RAM through Apple (although the upgrade to 512 is pretty reasonable). Just a general point-of-contention.

3. No spreadsheet for iWork/Pages. Perhaps with later revisions. I would've liked to see it bundled with at least more expensive Apple hardware, but no big deal.

4. Navigation with iPod Shuffle. At around 200 songs to choose from, I am curious how the screenless implementation will work. I look forward to user reviews. I do like the iTunes integration and the USB-drive functionality.

Don't get me wrong, these are all great new products, but if I had to complain, the above would be my contribution.

I am waiting for an OLED screen, at which point I can travel around with a MacMini and a screen in my shoulder-bag. Cool stuff.
  19. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    I've already had a comment from a PC-using buddy, "Wow, this is a nice computer."
  20. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey I got a novel idea. Why don't YOU hire 100 programmers, spend 2 years writing 5 powerful applications similiar to iLife, then to top it off, charge $49 for it all.

You get iLife for free when you buy a new mac, stop bitching about $79. Thanks.

//edit. ok i get it, it was irony. funny.
  21. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    I have no complaints in regards to this MacExpo. It was one of the few good one and it was in HD. :)

Now I need to get my hands on iPod shuffle. :)

I believe there were many products announced at this Expo, give them a break what do you want the Keynote for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

The PB's will be a silent update, gee I wonder why. :)

The iPod mini will also see the same as the iPods did last year.

Love the software, I hope they have a demo version of iWork(pages). The pricing is not bad at all either. :)

iWork will add more applications as iLife did in the past. Just be patient. :)
  22. TheSith macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2004
    Okay WTF?

I've waited three months at LEAST for this stupid thing just for a small bump in the Powerbooks. NO, I didn't mind the bump - but now it isn't coming?

Someone answer me this, do NOT gloss over this question if you know: WILL there be more updates this week? Yes/no.
  23. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    A silent update YES. A G5 powerbook is a BIG announcement, not a silent release on the site only. :)

Small speed bumps is all that is expected this or next week. :)
  24. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
  25. Poff macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2003
    Stavanger, Norway
    I do have some minor things to complain about..

First of all, I want a hack that will turn the three-throw switch on the back into a 3-playlist selector. I see this as a more valuable thing than shuffle/noshuffle/nonothing

Second, I honestly think they should have included iWork with their new computers. Especially the switcher-computer, since most people pirate Office anyways. They won't rush out and buy iWork, so why not give it to them?