Official Nano Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MmmPancakes, Sep 8, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Here's mine:

Order Date

09/07/2005
    11:40 AM PDT

IPOD NANO 4G BLACK-USA MA107LL/A On or before 09/13/2005

I paid for overnight shipping. I guess there isn't much of a chance it getting here tomorrow or Saturday.

2. Guest

iGary

*puts on shoes and walks half-mile to Apple Store*

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Between shipping and tax, I paid an extra $36.00 on top of the retail cost. Sigh.

4. macrumors 65816

runninmac

Do they have them in!?

5. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

the southpoint store

doesn't have them yet, but thats what i'm waiting for... i hope these don't have the delays the mini did. hopefully they get them in this weekend. I fo sho going to pick one up. I even got a USB 2.0 card for my 1GHz Ti.

can't wait!

6. Guest

iGary

Annapolis does, I believe.

7. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'm going to be the first to say that you all MUST post pictures once you recieve your nano's....

..or else... i'll be sooo mad!

GRR!

8. macrumors 65816

asif786

regent street (london) has them. i heard they got a number in the thousands but they're going to sell out quick.

i'm going to pick mine up tomorrow morning. i hope to god they're still there :eek:

9. macrumors 65816

runninmac

Sweet Mother!! Im calling right now!

10. macrumors 65816

I just bought my wife a Shuffle not 3 weeks ago from Circuit City. I'll be returning that and getting her the 2G. These are cool. I almost want to trade my 20g Photo iPod for one, lol.

11. macrumors 65816

runninmac

Can you reserve your nano? I called them and said they didn't have any and I dont want to call them back.

12. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I was able to put my name on a list for them to call me when they got the shuffle in back in January, so I assume you should be able to do the same with the nano.

13. macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Great thread, Please whenever people get them..post pics. I have a thing for Mac Packaging/Products.. :eek: :eek:

PS: Does anyone know if the Nano qualifies for the student Union Promo in Europe or is this another sneaky outside loop that apple has made to make a few more $$$$.

EDIT: Ignore my PS, i went to the apple discussion boards...it ISNT accepted for the Promo....boohoo :(

14. macrumors regular

Ouch, my order date was 11:16 AM PDT and I have on or before 9/12 :p
    It's now preparing shipment!

15. macrumors 604

clayj

Charlotte store had a stack of them... I went and picked one up, and then canceled my online store order. Saved $16 in shipping...

16. thread starter macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Right after reading your post, I went off to check my order, and its now preparing shipment also :D

Even with overnite I guess there isn't any chance of it getting here before Monday, though. :(

17. macrumors 68000

nomad01

I ordered mine from the UK Apple Store about 8 o'clock on Wednesday and it's on it's way to me today. My local store weren't sure when or how many they'd be getting and shipping was free so I went with the online route.

Just can't wait to get home and play now!! :)

Loooooong day at work.

Steve

18. macrumors 6502a

Exact same thing for me, plus or minus a few minutes on the order.

I got an email this morning saying it had shipped. Yay!

But it probably won't be here until Monday. Booooo! :(

;)

19. macrumors regular

Mine's 'Preparing Shipment' too ... so we've been charged and its sitting at Apple waiting to go to the courier?!

Is there a reason no online orders have shipped yet?

20. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Does the tracking info say where it shipped from? Just curious if the east coast nanos ship from Apple's PA warehouse or if they come from CA.

21. macrumors 68000

5300cs

I ordered mine: 9.8.2005 @10:08pm JST
    Expected shipping date: 9.16.2005

We'll see :rolleyes: I expect delays here in Japan since probably everyone and his mother will want one

22. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Ordered mine wednesday night (the second I found out about them!) was shipped this morning at 10:30GMT on a 1-2 business days delivery. So should be here mon/tues next week. Can't wait.

23. macrumors 68020

Well I have been spending a ton of money lately, which is bad because i don't have much. but switching to mac, watching Jobs keynotes, OMG, they loook sooooo cool. So Anyway, I just bought the Dual PM 2ghz and have now bought the iPod Nano 2gb. Only 2gb, but it's a step up from my 512mb shuffle that I will give to my girlfriend. I can't wait!! This comes the same time I just bought the black Razr. Ouch. All my money is going down, down, down. But I am just in college, I got the rest of my life to make some real dough, right? ;-)

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Apple will do that to you. It's a nasty, nasty habit.

Maybe we should start a support group for Mac Addicts in recovery? Then again, I don't think we can find anyone who has kicked the habit.

25. macrumors 6502

I ordered mine only an hour before edesign (i am in the UK too) and somehow managed to receive my black 4gb nano today! it looks absolutely amazing especially when next to my 20gb iPod in a black skin (it puts the later to shame!).

Something to note is that there are only 2 engravings of approval on the rear at the very bottom there is the standard european CE mark and the dont dump batteries mark, I guess Apple are only engraving per continent now (no FCC etc) although the american ones seem to still have the CE mark.

EDIT: I can take a photo of the rear if anyone wants me to