Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmikerw

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2016
England
Hi

I have been using Macs of one sort or another since 1990 first at work where we had a little revolutionary group using them and really annoyed the DOS users when we linked ours into a network. Primitave but enabled printer sharing.

My MacPro is early 2008 and MacBook Pro 2010. Both now have SSD start up drives.

I think I am now getting a little fed up with Apple concentrating on consumer gadgets and not computers. The last Mac Mini was an abomination and the Pro still has a mere 256Gb start up drive. Please Apple do something for us who have a perfectly good screen and do not need a 28" one dominating the desk.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: kellyjdrummer

Chuck1980

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2016
New Jersey
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
I have been reading Macrumors forever. This is the first time I felt the need to join and make some comments. I am very much disappointed with Apple products in the last few years. Having been a loyal Apple customer since 1980 and owned almost every product they ever introduced, that journey may be coming to an end. The only product I have not purchased was the watch. In my opinion, poor decision. SO much more could have been done with desktops and laptop PC's and they have pretty much been ignored with more of a focus on glitz than function. I never thought I would be considering a windows laptop, but that seems to be my direction now. Can anyone resurrect Apple from its death spiral?

giammabegood

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2016
Italy
Hi everybody! i'm Gamma from Italy. It' s a pleasure to be here.
I'm proud owner of two macbook, one mbp 4.1 and a new entry for me:mbp 6.2.
Thanking this forum i' ve just discovered how to fix the last one, so thank a lot!

Reactions: satcomer

rxtim

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2016
Hi everybody:
Lurking for a while, great information to be had here. Look forward to learning and hopefully contributing something useful.
tim

zykon

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2016
Quebec
Hey everyone, been a lurker for a while now and decided to join in.

I currently own an iMac 2013 as my computer but i'm also saving up for a Macbook Air (i7, 8gb 512gbssd) which i never did before and excited on doing it too. My phone's contract is currently ending is 2 year term and i'm really looking forward on switching to iPhone 7 (the Plus one) woot!

G4Droid

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2016
Hi, I'm a droid just kidding, I been on for a week but this forum helped me fix many problems very fast whether you ask for help or just take a look around there is lots of good info on here. I try to be a regular but I don't know I have too many hobby's. I don't work for anyone, though I do have a number of things going that I utilize to make money..

BigAFan's was paying me, but since "Fanny" lost the election I'm broke. lol

I'm known to try and make people laugh as I have a extraordinary sense of humor. I'm always Laughing about something. A Leave um laughing kind of guy. lol

vectortyphoon

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi! I'm new to MacRumours but certainly not new to Apple. I thought I'd give contributing to the community a go, instead of just reading up.

I hope I can make a difference here as well as learn some more from others.

hansbarkes

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2017
marseille FRANCE
Hello
My name is Pascal i live in France. I use Apple for long time and i like it.
I work in music and use Pro tools and Logic on a Macbookpro 2010 (10.6.8)
Why i didn't made updates ? because i don't wanna pay and pay again for the same tool.
If i upgrade my system i have to change all the staff : softs, sound devices, etc...
But i continue to appreciate Apple.

legofisher

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2017
London
Hello Everybody!

I would like to buy iPhone 7 Plus and to be sure that my choice is the best I have to be sure. There is nothing better to learn from the people who'd like to discuss about the entire company. I am happy to be here!

Regards everybody!

Lizziejh

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2016
UK
I wonder why I don't have permission to post on certain threads? Perhaps someone could explain.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wonder why I don't have permission to post on certain threads? Perhaps someone could explain.
Certain sections require users to have either a certain number of posts and/or be a member for a certain period of time before they can post in those sections.

Wildhope

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2017
NY
Hi everyone! Long time lurker from NY! I just bought a used 2012 15 mac mini on ebay so I thought it would be a good idea to join since its my first mac. I have a iPhone 6s Plus and a iPad mini so I have some experience with ios not MacOS. I thought joining the forum would be great to find answers as a life long PC user up until this point.

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi everyone! Long time lurker from NY! I just bought a used 2012 15 mac mini on ebay so I thought it would be a good idea to join since its my first mac. I have a iPhone 6s Plus and a iPad mini so I have some experience with ios not MacOS. I thought joining the forum would be great to find answers as a life long PC user up until this point.

Your in the right place. Welcome aboard

Reactions: Wildhope

DhobiWanKenobi

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2017
Been reading the forum for a long time but keen to get involved in the discussion now, so a membership was in order.

First Apple product was the iMac G3 when I was at college, used MacBooks through uni and now some 10 years later I'm still using Macs!

Reactions: kellyjdrummer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.