Official Poll: How do you use MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Community' started by arn, Sep 4, 2002.

?

Official Poll: How do you use MacRumors?

1. Visit MacRumors.com and skim Recent Comments

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. Visit Forums.Macrumors.com directly, and click on each forum

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Visit Forums.Macrumors.com directly, and click on View New Posts

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Use the "recent" pages [url="http://www.macrumors.com/recent/articles.shtml"]example[/url]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other.... (add below)

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'm interested in how you use MacRumors site and forum...

Just to help in making improvements etc...

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I guess this isn't in Poll Discussion because this has nothing to do with Macs/.mac/etc. :)

I just kill time on the forums here by either generating a conversation or trying my best to help others whenever I can. Also, on occassion, I browse through the news reports and that banner at the upper edge of my browser, leading to Backdawg's service.

I also check out the Tech Pub's department for more BS'ing and for help with problems some people could not be of a full assistance with.

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Well first I visit the main page. Then I head to the forums and see if there are any new comments in the boards I frequent.

4. vniow macrumors G4

I just go to the discussion forums and open up the active discussions in seperate tabs. See which ones are interesting, then post if I feel like it. I use the refresh button a lot for really active threads, though. :)

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

View new posts works for me...but I'll usually check out the Private Forums every so often, in case something slips through.;)

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I usually go to the forums and select new posts - but just like rower, I'll go and see if there are any posts/threads that didn't get added in the search due to timing out/reset.

D

7. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Same here. ;)

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Forums confuse me. a lot. i always forget which ones i'm watching threads in... blah. i suppose i could use some of the options (like "recent") but i'm too lazy. so i visit the main page, click any threads that interest me, and sometimes actually view the forums themselves, if i'm bored...

:)
    pnw

9. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I see if there is anything new on the front page, then I click on the small [all new posts] link on the right hand side.

I will also look through the forums if I can't find any new posts I am interested in, but am still in the macrumor.com mood

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I like to look at various things in each forum, but if I'm short on time, I'll ask for what's changed instead of looking through all of the forums individually.

If I go through each, it reminds me if I was going to comment on something for which I didn't have enough time earlier.

Arn, it's always great here. Thanks! :)

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i go to macrumors main page. see if there's new news stories... then i click on discussion forum. so i said other cause i don't really look at the recent comments from the main page, just look for new articles and move to the forums....

12. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i have bookmarked 3 of the forums on my menubar i usually check the private forum firs than head over to comunity and finally forum index to see what's new with the people who are talking about rumors ;)
    i usually visit the main page about once or twice daily having the recent posts on the front page is really useful
    i also use the Who's Online page too to see if someone got the PM i just sent, or to see if anyone is looking at anything intresting

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

how I do it...

I used to come on to see which new rumors were surfacing...usually doing hardware, software & apple rumors...

then the community discussion became a pillar in the MR community...then the private forum for contributors...

now I come in to see who's said what or replied how...which current jokes are about...etc...etc...

oh yeah...and I absolutely LOVE reading the cynical attributes of jelloshots! ;)

14. dnte42 macrumors regular

Generally, I just go to the home page and check out the recent comments, I don't usually have a lot of time for searching thru the forums now that school is starting back up.

15. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i usually go to "view new posts" but when im bored i go look around in each section...

16. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

17. diorio macrumors 6502a

Geez , you're posting like a crazy man!

18. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I do a combination of most of that stuff. Sometimes if I'm just skimming the threads I'll go to the main MR page and look at the most recent comments. Other times if I'm more in the posting mood I'll actually navigate the forums. And I also have the search results page for all my posts bookmarked so I can see if anyone's replied to specific posts.

19. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how you figure? im just trying to be polite and respond to these friends of mine. i wouldnt like it for my thread to be avoided! :D but yeah... i am a crazy man. if you knew me in real life you wouldnt contest that. you would have to agree. im as informal and un preppy as they come. i never wear khakis and my hair is always long. rock

20. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

First I visit macrumors.com and look for the latest threads, THEN I use forums.macrumors.com and THEN I browse the recent pages :D

BTW Ive set macrumors.com as my "Home"-page in Chimera :D :D

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I post about 5 posts a day, usually in community discussion, and look at hardware rumors to see if there is anything interesting.