Official rebirth of "The Drunk Thread"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Backtothemac, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    After dealing with Hurricane Rita, I think that the best thing that I can do is to tie one on.

So, that being said, I have also been privy to knowledge that there are other Macrumors members out there getting plastered out there now as well.

So, let post it, just don't puke it.

The Drunk thread is reborn!
  2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
  3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    oh.. no..

I'll be watching this thread! :) :)

Where's Ed H? :p :p
  4. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Well, I know eyelikeart is going to pop in here before long.

I have had 5 margarita's and I don't really drink any longer.

Damn, have to pee again. and again, and again.

Alcohol goes through you you ever noticed that?
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Just don't drink and spam :D

We'll see where this leads....

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    I had margaritas last night at the "hurricane party". :D
  7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    one time, at a gig, I had half a glass of wine and started talking (and playing) really loudly.
    like piano = forte, and forte = triple F.
    I didn't really notice if I went more or less...
  8. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2004
    Yeah...since the curfew is 8:00 pm, it's hard to go out and get drunk, so might as well stay home and do it, right?
  9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    after a very boring night i wish i was drunk :rolleyes:
    most exciting thing was going to baskin robbins to get a milk shake :)
  10. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2004
    All we got is ****** light beer. I wish we had some rum...
  11. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    That is because alcohol (and caffeine) are both diuretics-- they squeeze all the water out of you (no, you are not, you are NOT peeing out the alcohol) hence, take it as a cue to drink lots of water or you may be hungover the next day!
  12. Metatron macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2002
    Got drunk for the 1st time!

Well, I was going to start my own thread and found here is my quick story about the first time I got drunk....and the party that caused it.

I got home last night about 8. I picked up a 6 pack of twisted apple and a large bottle of wine. Me and the guys thought it would be nice to throw back a few and play poker as Rita rolled in. But, as if scheduled, the ladies arrived and all hell broke loose. The poker game came to a stand still, the other guys were all over the few girls that had unexpectedly arrived. I have a girlfriend of 3 years kept to the bottle.

So about an hour later they started a drinking game. Now I usually oppose because I think it is morally wrong to get drunk. Goes againt my religion (do not turn this into a religious thread). But after the guys kept calling me names, just guess a few I am sure they said it, I knew that I was going to have to redeem myself (a guy thing). Well I went and grabed that huge bottle of wine, popped the cork and 15 minutes later it was gone. Of course I felt fine, but about 20 minutes later I had no idea what was going on. Of course I do remeber a few things, like being on the ground outside being rained on. Seeing one of my bothers friends get so wasted he stripped down and ran through the house naked. Then I remeber seeing the toliet as I vomited over and over. They helped me to bed and I woke up a few hours later just to dry heave for about 2 hours and having a horrible headace in the back of my head.

I wish I knew more of what happened but all I have is a few images and a horrible hangover. The worst part, one of my best friends said I was the one that took her home last night. We both were wasted which probably explains why my truck was parked in the woods behind my house when I got up this morning.

I never want to get druck again.
  13. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Yey... :) is he thinking about making an MR comeback tour? :D

That's because you broke the seal... ;)

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    oh ye eyw ah o im dr u rnk ay ayaa gr e treae t ap apraty nigt htra gu ys mot othesu cffu ckser ye eah great t **** fakc si " m go itn g to t be d fnwo a and bne ded ae woe m ena now wi m so a shtony fmoteh r****er be r eitemed a nwo w
  15. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Yeah right! I reckon you did eat all the chicken. But it sounds like Jimmy did take the rum, I'd go find him if I were you.
  16. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    The last time I got drunk and did anything embarrassing was last week.

I went from Newport, Wales to Dublin to see a Meat Beat Manifesto gig.
    Now I suffer from insomnia so I'd had about 5 hours sleep in 4 nights before the gig.
    I travel to Dublin meet up with some friends and we go back to a friends flat. We stop at a shop and I get a bottle of red wine.
    Wine lasts me about 25 minutes and I have a couple of glasses of my friends white wine too.
    We get to the venue and I have 3 pints. Meat Beat Manifesto start to play and my body decides now is the point to shut down and I fall asleep.
    I wake up near the end of the show and we all walk back to my friends flat.
    I get up in the morning, without a hangover, and go to the airport and fly home. On the flight I realize that I'd only eaten a small pizza in 2 days which probably didn't help my energy levels. As the flight was to Bristol I ring a friend and arrange to meet up when she finishes work.
    We meet up go to the local pub and start drinking, I got back to Newport just after midnight, get home at 00:45.
    Then up at 5:45 to go to work!
    Ahh, I'm still knackered!!
  17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    My tolerance is super-low at the mo. Two brandies last night (the first drink for over a week) and I'm feeling decidedly seedy this morning... might just have to go back to bed.

I couldn't even imagine what going out and getting drunk would do to me — doesn't bear thinking about.
  18. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    You fell asleep at a MBM gig... :eek: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :p :p :p
  19. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    Yep, that's the embarrassing part!!

If it had been a bit more lively I'd have been ok, but there was me my 2 friends and 29 other people in a 500 capacity venue!
  20. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    Oh yeah I'm drunk ____ great party night ____ guys a mother f***** c***sucker ___ **** I'm going to bed now and ____________________ I'm lost after that.
  21. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    31 people... that's bad, although in an era when kids and their folks listen to the same bands, I'm not surprised. :(

I didn't even realise Dangers was on tour :eek: he's f**kin' brilliant too. :D

I was on the lash yesterday after I went to see the Sky Blues with my bro to see what their new stadium was like, lost 2-0 to Hull :rolleyes: and Hull only had 10 men for half the match too :rolleyes: woke up fine today though... I don't want to brag, well actually I do... :D I still don't get hangovers ;) :D
  22. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004

The small crowd was a bit depressing (32 actually 1 + 2 +29 ;) )
    But it was an awesome show, what I saw of it!

I remember seeing MBM at the Kilburn Ballroom and it was rammed in there!

I went to see James Taylor Quartet the week before and the was onls only about 40 people at that!

I no longer get hangovers, so I'm happy!!
    It maybe because a lot of the time I'm drinking again before I've sobered up!
  23. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Whoopsie... :p but you don't count... you'd passed out in the corner. ;)

hahahaha... I'm especially dandy if I stick to Strongbow, as I'm very much a cider man, although I can't drink Dry Blackthorn (and some scrumpies) as they makes my uvula swell and that makes me gag. :eek:
  24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Between glasses of vino & phone texting, B2TM started the thread. Since I'm still very much in limbo from the after effects of Katrina, I'll likely be dropping in here & there. ;)
  25. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It's good to see you posting again eyelikeart. Still remember your original thread fondly. If anybody does you guys deserve some relaxation and wine. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.