Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakochampolska

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2005
I've seen a new intel imac in a department store, at a lancome boutique.
I see macs all over my school (mostly powerbooks)
I've seen an old ibook on the gilmore girls
ohh and I saw a powerbook on that show meet the barkers (I dont watch it, but I stopped flipping through the channels when i saw the pb :D )

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Jaffa Cake said:
Don't forget Spooks – in fact, so many Macs were seen on screen in this show that the BBC got its knuckles rapped for 'product placement.'

I was wondering if someone would mention that ;).

I have seen an Apple Cinema Display on the Optus broadband ads we have in Australia. Also, on a show called Blue Water High that I watched an episode of one time, it had an iBook on it. :)

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
just remembered that there was reference to apple (not sure if there was actually a mac though), in forest gump, as he has shares in the company

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
On Nickelodeon's Zoey 101 all of the private school brats use iBooks with stickers over the Apple logos (I hate it when they do that).
No, I don't usually watch this show, I just happened to be sitting with my niece the other day while she was watching it.

Applespider

macrumors G4
skipskop24 said:
YES THE POTTERY BARN CATALOG! I remember that. That made me happy.

Lots of good home furnishing catalogues use Macs in their photography shoots - but it mostly because they're compact and look good in photos. Or the stylist has a Powerbook ;)

The company I work for has iMacs, Powerbooks and a G5 gracing the pages of its catalogue - and although we do sell Macs, they're purely used as props

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Nip/Tuck

Season 2 they use g4 imacs in their offices. Julia has a g4 powerbook.

3rd season they upgraded to G5 imacs.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Just been watching Saturday Kitchen, the cookery program on BBC1 on Saturday Mornings, and they have a G4 iMac tucked away in the corner of the kitchen/studio.

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
There was this show on Bravo (i forgot the name) where they showed the most popular internet videos, and when they transition between videos they show it first playing in a mac, either in safari or quicktime.

Not related to that show, but I hate when they use macs then overlay a windows desktop on the computer, I dont see any point in that.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
Laser47 said:
Not related to that show, but I hate when they use macs then overlay a windows desktop on the computer, I dont see any point in that.

Best Buy often puts a screenshot of iTunes in OS X on Compaqs and others. :mad:

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
puckhead193 said:
i can't believe no one said Seinfeld and The Net

You beat me to it, I was looking through the postings and didn't see it. I was just about to mention it. It just so happens, that Senfeld is my favorite TV sitcom, and The Net is one of my favorite movies.

Also, in "Scary Movie: 3" there is an Apple store (or so I imagine that is what it is.. you can see two big silver Apple logos on what appears to be banners that would appear outside an Apple store.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Something that pisses me off about macs in adverts (in England at least) is when they black out the apple logo on the case? Why? Do these idiots think Apple are going to see they use macs and so pay them to take the 'covers' off. Are they **** gonna do that! They may as well take the covers off, show they have some sense of quality and use the albeit small halo effect to gain some credence for themselves.

Dumbasses!

EDIT: Oh in response to the OP. DFS (furniture) TV spots show a girl with an iBook.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
There was on in Silent Hill, Meet the Fockers. And something else had a whole bunch but I can't remember it. Oh yea! In Dr. 90210 EVERYBODY has a Mac. Commercials for the cable internet service in our area always use Macs with the Apple logo Photoshopped out.

I always see a lot in Starbucks and Panera too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.