Official Twitter app

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by chrismarle, Mar 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

So, Twitter for Windows 8 got released.

What the hell is going to happen with Twitter for Mac? The app doesn't even support the Notification Center, proper icon badges (for notifications), it looks/works like crap (doesn't even support twitter.com picture uploading).

And lately, I wasn't even able to use it.

Hopefully, Twitter will update the app and give us something decent to use.

2. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

This blog post from the TweetDeck team explains pretty well how Twitter sees things, especially the third paragraph.

3. macrumors newbie

Twitter is built in to the OS with Mountain Lion. But yes, the link the guy above me posted is useful.

4. macrumors 65816

I'm using Tweetbot. Great app.

5. macrumors newbie

I like the app but I don't like that it doesn't show new followers, retweets or favourites

6. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Posting to Twitter is, yes, but not seeing other people's tweets, retweets, and so on. Notification Center just takes you to the Twitter site if someone messages/mentions you and you want to respond.

Almost no app outside of Twitter's own does, in my experience. I wish that weren't the case.

7. macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

I use Twitter like an RSS Reader. For me the official Twitter app is still the best client for OS X. On iOS Tweetbot is my favorite.