Official War Thread

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mymemory, Mar 23, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

This war is gonna take some time, many news, casualties, information, etc. I can tell there are multiple threads about basictly the same topic, in that case I rather open this space before macrumors turns in to something different.

This war won't be as easy as the Gulf War. In that ocation the alies were defending a proprety and kicking out the agressors. This time the alies are getting in by force to the enemy's land, that mean that Irak is going to be very agresive.

It is not the same mentality of some one that knows is doing something wrong and surrender than some one that feels violated.

At list the media is covering everything very well I think.

2. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

so you want all war topics to be discussed HERE?

uhg, wouldnt that be unbearable when theres like five topics being discussed at once? you would have to scroll through and weed out the topics that you WANT to discuss.

3. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

great, just what we needed. More bla bla bla by Beattle888 and ilovejelloshots. :cool:

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

You're right NavyIntel007.

They can BS all they want, but in the end, it's still BS, and someone else with enough sense has already gone out to take care of the dirty work...

Conservatives- cutting through the BS one misconception at a time... :D

I know this is going to bring up some interesting replies...

5. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

What's funny is that all these people who are against this war will probably run out and buy the Ghost Recon 2: Dessert Assault when it comes out for macs next year... you watch.

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Bush says f*ck Saddam!

This is an interestig tidbit I found from the DrudgeReport...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrt.htm

So, for everyone wondering "Why saddam?" this is why...

7. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Hey does anyone think that if Gore made it into office and declared war on Iraq would anyone be saying anything??

I wouldn't, Saddam's a bastard.

8. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

My memory fails me but did Clinton have the UN security backing when he bombed Iraq in 98(?). Was Hollywood this vocal against it?

I think, and again forgive me, I was a dumb highschool student at the time that the answer to both of those questions is NO.

Hollywood is playing partisan politics again? RUH ROH.

9. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Clinton did not invade and occupy a sovereign nation in 1998.

11. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

He bombed Iraq. Killed Civilians. What's the difference?

We invaded Germany in WW2 when Hitler was invading his neighbors and killing his own people. Should we not have done that?

Oh wait, a democrat was the president... well that's different.

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Well, gee, that's funny. I remember particularly clearly that the right in Congress gave Clinton flak for committing troops to Kosovo.

I also remember him coming under fire for launching Tomahawks at Afghanistan during the Monica Lewinsky affair and Rush Limbaugh making a point of degrading Clinton for accidentally hitting an "aspirin factory" in the Sudan. None of these actions involved invasion or occupation forces either.

So, yeah, I'd say at least someone would be complaining. What do you know? There is a double standard at work here!

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It is when your Hollywood or a member of liberal group who is trying to get their agenda passed. If only we Had a Democrat in office this would all be different, who knows, even that wino Chiroc may have been on our side.

14. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

No, but at least he always actively enganged the world, and gained NATO backing for things like Kosovo. Clinton had the trust of the world, Bush does not. It's all about attitude: Clinton was respectful to the rest of the world, Bush has scorned the world from the start.

15. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

If Gore decided that attacking Iraq was the only option, he would have been much more skillful at rallying the world's support. Even before 9/11 Bush was alienating the world. Even our allies are scared of Bush and his administration. I mean, c'mon, even though Blair supports the Iraq action, he thinks Bush is cuckoo and I'm sure he would rather be dealing with Gore.

16. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Lets make some memory with Bush

Back in 1998 my mind was so far away from this issues, sorry. But..

When Bush took the power his first mission was to eliminate the guerrilla from colombia and all the cartels. I remember that so well because Venezuela didn't allow US troops in our territory or even let them fly over. Personally I didn't care about the US flying over our territoryu to eliminate guerrilla but our president is comunist and you know the rest.

That was until September 11th when the US went to get Bin Laden and he was never found.

Now, for some reason Bush is not attacking but invading Irak.

Next year what does he gonna do? What is he looking for?

I buy the war agains guerrilla and narcotrafic, I do too with Bin Laden but now with Irak without finishing the others 2.

That is why the rest of the politicians of the world are so pissed! Bush came to declare war to anybody and he is resulting pretty mediocre btw.

To invade a country is not as simple as trowing some bombs, you are getting in to some one house by force and skipping some instances (UN) and what are you gonna do next?

This Irak thing it is not worth it. Now, I want to ble clear than I'm not defending Hussein but there are way to do things. Bush looks like is in a rush, desperate for combat.

I just know that if every body is telling you something different of what you are saying there is somethinmg there to check out.

BTW, I'm not pacifist, in my country I'm the first person that want the military to take over the goverment and literally kill our president, not jail, kill him, death, in to pieces. That is the only way I want to see a communist like him.

17. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Hey I'm independent buddy, no party here.

18. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Partisan BS aside, the protesters and Hollywood said nothing during Kosovo and Operation Desert Fox. Regardless of what party dissed who the bottom line is that Hollywood is Partisan when the nation generally wants good.