Official Wii details from Nintendo... we have a long wait ahead...

Discussion in 'Games' started by BurtonCCC, Sep 13, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

North and South America on November 19.
    $250.
    Wii Sports included.

This is from the pretty much most reliable source covering Nintendo's Japanese conference.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

A slightly disappointed Daniel.

2. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Apparently IGN got their information from the Seattle source that was posted in another thread. Mods, this may be deleted.

Daniel.

3. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Pretty much what was expected. I guess we all hoped for an earlier release date and a $199 price but we can't always get what we want eh??

Kinda nice that they will include Wii Sports with the system. Thats $50 that I can spend on another game :)

4. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I see no reason for disappointment. Nintendo said it would be released before thanksgiving, and it would be no more than $250. and sure enough. The rest was just speculation by people setting their hopes too high.

besides, there were so many who predicted a $199 price point with no game bundled, when now we have a $250 price point with a game bundled. games are $50 ... see where i'm going with this?

5. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'm most disappointed about the date. Heck, I'd pay $299 for just the console. The money isn't an issue. But I've had three games pre-ordered because I thought the date would be in October. I think I'll be canceling my pre-order and then I'll just pre-order the games when console pre-orders start.

Daniel.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Firstly, this is NOT official Wii details from Nintendo, this was reported by SeattlePI and New York Times, and the story was pulled. This was NOT announced at the Japanese conference.

In fact, in Japan the price is $215 and Wii Sports is NOT included.

However, that said, it's *probably* true. $250 was more than I thought, but it comes with an actual game, so I'm not so annoyed. I wish it was $200 though.

November 19th was the most disappointing bit. I was hoping for late October.

The photo thing is interesting, I'm curious to see how that'll work.

7. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Im not beliving anything until the New York conference in 2 hours and 6 min.

But i will be at school then soo...when i get back from school:(

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

prolly SD cards from a camera

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

$250 not bad for a new console....can't expect nothing less unless this console is really damn cheap and will damage easy.

$50 for SOME 1st party games??.....now thats a lot....hope the 3rd party don't over do it.

Mutimedia you say......Nintendo has joined the ship...now I've been hearing all of those "I only want a game console keep the other things" crap and now that the wii will do these things...let me see who will have a change of heart and give the wii praise for it.

This is nice to hear...but wheres the online details man.....come on!...I don't want to sound like I'm hating but come on!

But hey this might not be the official news right.

Bless

10. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Very cool! I just hope I can get one on the 19th...Wondering if I should preorder or camp out

11. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Looks like WiiSports is getting Bowling and Boxing. They also look like they improved the graphics and animation of Tennis and Golf quite a bit.

Anyone know what the Wii Party game? Can't recall if that was what it's called, but it's listed on the Japanese Wii site, and supposedly includes an extra controller... picture for it is the "Gun Game Demo" from E3 though...