Official "Will you 'OMG WINDOZE IS TEH SUXXOR!!11!11!' people please shut up" thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MattG, Apr 11, 2006.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Seriously. Shut up. We get it.

None of us are "jumping on the bandwagon," none of us particularly like Windows, and none of us are "abandoning" OS X for it. Why else would we buy Macs and why else would we be on a board like MacRumors?

Many of us do not have a choice but to use Windows applications for certain things. For example, I work at a college that is 99.9% Windows. I use my Macs here every day for most of my work, but there are certain things I just can't do on them. Having Boot Camp installed on my Mac so I could get rid of this PC on my desk and regain some desk space would be great (unfortunately my work-Mac is not Intel).

Sorry to be so blunt, but some of you people need to get a grip.

2. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

I dont recall people using VPC on an PPC based Mac causing the same hysteria.

But saying that I like Windows confined to my Dell Dimension Pentium 4 and my Powerbook G4 has a good few years of life left in it yet.

I am excessively neat and dont like dual booting anything;)

3. lurcher macrumors regular

lurcher

I must be missing summit as I can't for the life of me work out what you mean in your title:

OMG WINDOZE IS TEH SUXXOR!!11!11!

:confused:

4. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

That is "L33t" or "Elite" speak for "Oh My God, Windows Sucks!"

L33t is typically used by n00b (newbie) gamers who like to be cool. Or it is also frequently used on PC message boards.

By using it in this title it is demonstrating that people who keep dissing Windows issentely are being immature n00bs themselves and need to grow up a little bit.

5. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

No it isn't - well, at least not in any other way than it is used on this board. PC users say things like that mockingly/jokingly just like we do; they don't say it seriously.

6. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Yes, it is used on PC message boards, and in a non-joking manner; I'm not kidding when I say that half of my friends actually seriously talk in leetspeak in public too. They play so much World of Warcraft (one friend has AVERAGED 13 hours/day according to his /played time since it was released in November 2004) that some of them speak no differently in real life than they do online.

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

VPC is sloooooow, especially on antiquated macs based on the PPC architecture.

8. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Well, in defense of all those complaining of all the Windows threads this IS a Mac forum, and it is getting a bit obnoxious to see Windows threads plastered everywhere...there is a Windows section for that. Keep in mind, a lot of us Mac people came over to this world to get away from Windows, yet here it is, constantly making itself known. I personally don't care either way...use Windows if you need, don't if you don't. Using it or not using it does not make you any less of a person in my eyes. Just try to understand where us Mac-ers are coming from. It's like a boys-only tree house being infiltrated by girls...eewww!! (silly analogy, but do you get what I mean?)

9. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Hmm....you must be visiting a different internet than I am.

I'm an active member of several computing boards (Mac/Windows/Linux/Programming/Design/WoW/etc) that covers nearly every type of computer user there is. Never, in all of my life, have I ever seen anyone use those terms in a serious way.

In my experience, any time 'leet speak' is used has been unanimous as a non-serious joke to mock n00bs. To generalize that "PC users frequently" use those terms in a serious way is ridiculous.

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I vote this thread is renamed Official Windows Fanboy Thread! :rolleyes:

seriosly chill, some of us are just surprised by everyone's super fast embrace of XP on Mac considering all the previose Windows/PC bashing that went on here.

11. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Went into John Lewis, Oxford Street tonight (big central London department store) and what do I see?

A 20" iMac with a Windows XP desktop on display. :mad:

F*ck that *****.

12. sjshaw macrumors regular

Heresy!

13. iGav macrumors G3

Blue just swore. heehee.

14. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

...was the paperclip "helper" present?

15. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

What's with all the "official threads" lately? Have you all joined the Mac administration of followers of the high cult or something?

It's no less "annoying" than "OMG how can you install Windows on a Mac" or "OMG I can install Windows on my Mac now I'll switch" or the people opening desktop picture threads early and without even a pic... :p :D (k, I´ll stop now :p)

16. calculus Guest

calculus

Oh good heavens don't be so sensitive.

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

and the point of this thread is... what, again?

this deserves to be waste-landed. :rolleyes:

18. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

As do the "opposition threads".

And not 100% on topic but I think this image from the Apple store is GREAT... for some of you... :p

From Apple:

[​IMG]

19. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

no. i think it is that stupid mutt in the search window thingy.

20. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

And that was cute! (not meant to be patronizing!)

BTW... Windows does suxxorzz. We just need it sometimes... ;)

21. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i have to use windows for many things, but i dont have an intel mac. you have to admit, it is more flexible this way, i think i would put vista on my mac if it was intel....perhaps not XP.:D

it gets rid of a computer for those who have both mac and windows. its easier. the new powermacs (or MacPro's, whatever) are gonna kick some serious ass with bootcamp and leopard next year. they will then, truply be the best computers on the planet.:D

S

22. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'll go in and beat them up if you like? ;) It's certainly not a directive from head office so I'd guess some geek in the department...

23. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Great -- send this thread with it!

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I think you should. :D

Their saving grace? Going to the bother of putting madjew's avatar up there. ;)

25. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

hell i know people that say LOL in public and other AOL acronyms they say in public. And they are serious, that is how some people laugh now in public is by saying LOL. And i just want to go all steven segal on them ><!