Offshoring - A Crash Course in American Culture

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sun Baked, Aug 2, 2004.

1. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Interesting take on the phenomenon...

The assertiveness training I can understand, when speaking to irate Americans.

But what they seem to be teaching these young people about American culture. :(

2. macrumors 6502

"The Indians, who range in age from 20 to 27, have been hired to take calls from cranky or distraught Americans whose computers have gone haywire."

And...

"...Microsoft is in the process of a massive relocation of Customer Central call center jobs to India and Canada."
    http://www.washtech.org/wt/news/industry/display.php?ID_Content=4585

Hmmmm...

I'd draw a conclusion, but I gotta go out and get me nine more credit cards (for that lucky 13)...

3. macrumors G4

skunk

4. macrumors 68040

takao

haha thanks for that amusing thread

i liked the "Table manners are very casual" part...because i already saw an american guest of our family stumble across that , but my mother fell into my back with her typical 'german' accent when speaking english..that dinner was absolutly priceless..i grinned the whole evening

5. macrumors G4

skunk

When you call Apple over here these days, you've got a 50/50 chance of talking to someone in Bangalore. It's just not the same as the Irish crew in Cork. You get the feeling that the Irish guys actually USE Macs, whereas the Indians haven't quite mastered the enthusiasm bit yet.